The Care Group General Manager with the Senior Lead Nurse is expected to support the Care Group Director to deliver the effective integrated clinical, operation and financial performance of the Care Group.
This role is responsible for ensuring national and local access targets are achieved, along with ensuring all aspects of people, performance and financial objectives are delivered as per the Care Group and Trust business plan. The Care Group General Manager will provide strong leadership at a Care Group level, ensuring that there are appropriate systems and processes in place to deliver objectives and drive forward the service to improve the operational effectiveness of the Care Group.
To enable them to execute this responsibility the post holder is expected to provide proactive and visible leadership. Leadership will span four key areas; service leadership, people and personal leadership, quality leadership and collaborative leadership.
All senior leaders are expected to work as part of a cohesive team and, when necessary, to take lead responsibility for corporate issues outside their immediate sphere of responsibility in order to achieve the corporate objectives of the Trust.Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience working on both strategic and operational matters.
- Significant Public sector experience and knowledge
- Demonstrable success in building, leading, motivating and developing multi-disciplinary teams as highly effective people manager
- Proven experience of effective performance and budgetary management and control including achieving annual targets on a regular basis for a large group of clinical specialties
- Proven success in business planning and in the development of business cases
- Experience of leadership of complex operational change/project management while also developing and maintaining high standards of quality
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent qualification/experience
- Post Graduate Qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development including management studies to masters level or above or equivalent experience
Divisional Operational Director