Experienced Fee Earner / Paralegal
Specters is a boutique litigation law firm situated in Farringdon London with 300 metres of Farringdon station.
We are looking for a Fee Earner, with a minimum of 3 years' experience, to join our expanding team.
We are a well-established law firm and act for a number of insurers, affinities and HNW clients. Our practice is based close to Farringdon Station.
We specialise in Personal Injury matters and also have Clinical Negligence, Divorce & Family, Professional Negligence, Conveyancing and Private Client teams.
We are looking to recruit a bright and experienced Paralegal/ Litigation Executive to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in dealing with Personal Injury and other litigated cases and will be able to manage a case load of RTA / PI claims including, cyclists, motor cyclists, pedestrians as well as EL Claims.
Ideally the candidate may have worked for a national but wants an environment with a greater dependency on team work and interaction.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that they are self - motivated and are able to manage a medium sized workload with defined targets.
The applicant will also have to show they have taken cases to trial and are that they are familiar with the CPR and Portal Processes.For the right applicant there is also a possibility of a training contract if merited. We have a track record of giving training contracts to paralegals and fee earners who show promise.Typical tasks may include;
- Drafting letters of instruction, protocol letters, court documents and other documents such as witness statements and schedules of loss;
- Researching case law;
- Litigating cases to trial
- Liaising defendant insurers and solicitors;
- Liaising with counsel and experts;
- Speaking with clients and drafting letters of advice;
- Attending mediations, hearings, conferences;
- Taking initial enquiries from new clients;
- Writing blog posts for marketing; and
- Attending fee earner meetings to discuss new enquiries and caseloads
- Excellent academic qualifications
- Experience with EL/PL
- Personal injury
- Proven experience in dealing with other complex cases
- Computing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye tests
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free flu Jab
- Staff referral scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- Fund raising events and staff functions
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA,SRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
Please note if you are successful you will need to complete a basic CRB check prior to joiningSalary commensurate with experience and market rate.
Job Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday