Managed Service SOC Manager
Do you enjoy being at the cutting edge of cyber security?
Would you want to be part of a team that chooses to stand up to bullies?
Are you ready for a fast-speed, creative and curiosity-driven challenge?
We believe in helping the good guys win
. And to advance our cause, we have created Quorum Cyber; a community of likeminded individuals passionate about reducing risk and defending Customers against cyber security attacks, ensuring they can confidently operate in an increasingly hostile digital landscape.
We are proud of the quality of our work. Beyond our reputation with customers, this commitment to quality and continued improvement can be evidenced by the collection of certifications and accreditations our teams and our people have won over the years, including:
- Microsoft Gold Partner
- Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (one of the few MSSPs Globally to hold this distinction)
- ISO 27001:2013
- ISO 9001:2015
- CREST Accreditation
We are currently looking to further expand our team and have an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding individual to join our managed services team as a Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager
The SOC Manager will report directly to the Head of Managed Services. The purpose of the role is to nurture and direct a Managed Service SOC team (including governance, people, processes, and technologies) to ensure we deliver great customer service, successfully detecting and responding to cyber security incidents, while enabling our Customers to reduce risk in their own IT and Business transformation journeys.
The role will have direct involvement and accountability over multiple capabilities including:
- Threat Intelligence
- Threat Hunting
- Incident Detection, Analysis & Response
- Automation and Engineering
- Reporting and Customer Experience
Other key parts of the role include:
- Major input to Business and Product strategy ( what should we do different ?)
- Major input to Organisational Design, Process, Procedures and Governance ( how can we do things better?)
- Ensuring adoption of "right-fit governance" models including policy, process, and procedure adherence and continued process improvement ( do we do what we say we do? )
- Driving and improving User Experience, focusing on promoting a customer obsessed culture ( does it feel beautiful to partner with us?)
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong security background and significant experience in a similar role. Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent team and Customer management skills
- Demonstrable experience running Operations Teams (including governance of those teams)
- (Preferred) Experience with Cyber Security in Cloud Technologies, including Azure, Office365 and AWS.
- (Preferred) Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls, implementations and architectures
- (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM, CISA or CRISK.
- (Preferred) A collection of technical certifications such as (not exhaustive list):
- GIAC Continuous Monitoring (GMON)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- CREST certified incident manager (CCIM)
- CREST certified registered intrusion analyst (CRIA)
- CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA)
- CREST certified host intrusion analyst (CCHIA)
- GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
Above all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about leading a team to defend our Customers against cyber-attacks and support them with their cyber security challenges.
In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within Quorum Cyber Our Culture:
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart, and innovative - we seek to partner with bright, positive thinking individuals, who are passionate to promote our cause. Behaviours We Live By:
• Do the right thing (for the world, for the customer, for the team)
• We fight bullies (don't ever become one, don't ever partner with one)
• It's always about them (never about you)
• You are never alone (lean on the team, partner with our Customers, reach out to the community... you are never alone!)
• Curiosity is The Way (always go deeper, understand the true nature of things, "why")
• The world is full of room (avoid binary thinking, embrace journeys, and find win-wins) What we can offer you:
- A dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible working schedule
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical cover
- "Always be learning" policy
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Support to attend events and training where beneficial to you in your role at Quorum Cyber
Our approach and style are professional and polished, yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment must note we see diversity as vital - creating a better workplace that delivers better outcomes. So, we are keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
In the first instance please submit your CV to our Talent Manager at email@example.com NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES PLEASE