The QA Project Risk Manager is a new role within the Square Enix West QA Management team and is responsible for providing health and risk reports for all Square Enix West games in QA. Comparing historical data and live data and being able to spot potential risks to titles due to trends forming or a change in the data.Key DeliverablesRequirementsRisk Management and Reporting
- Ensure accurate reporting of project and testing health, QA progress and KPIs.
- Ensure that all areas which put milestone dates at risk (Alpha, Beta, RC/Submission, RTM) are identified and reported to QA Management and game production teams.
- Working with the SEQA Management group, ensure that risk-management and mitigation strategies are developed and acted against both by SEQA and by Studio teams (Producer/Exec Producer, Head of Programming, etc)
- Communicate project progress and any risks to the wider business on an ongoing basis
- Ensure lessons learned from previous titles are communicated at each project's QA kick-off and issues encountered are tracked for project post-mortems.
- Working with Global QA Management to ensure that risk reporting is in line with agreed milestone requirements, including success and failure criteria, for each product's key testable milestones (alpha, beta, master candidate).
- Build up, and maintain, relations with key Studio stakeholders to establish QA KPIs, ensure buy-in to risk analysis processes, etc.
Global QA Management group, SEQA Support group, Global IT, Square Enix Studio groups, LQA ManagementKnowledge And ExperienceEssential
- Previous experience in QA
- End to end QA process experience
- Understanding of bug databases and test-case management tools: Jira, EasyBI/PowerBI, TestRail
- Generating clear and detailed reports with a view to explain points clearly.
- Experience in testing games as a service (GAAS)
Competencies, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Understanding of Business Intelligence tools
- Data- and risk-analysis
- Team player
- Outgoing & friendly
- Interested in computer games
- Travel may be required to visit external studios/vendors