Our client is a newly formed commercial insurance brokerage based in South Manchester. They are seeking to appoint a commercial account manager to work alongside the directors in ensuring that new business is correctly administrated, placed and retained.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and driven commercial insurance professional who is seeking greater responsibility around broking and placement - you'll be knowledgeable and motivated by the opportunity to support and advise a new and growing team. Your role will develop to be directly involved in new business acquisition, but initially more within the placement and building of long-term relationships with the clients.
You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and have up to date knowledge and experience of the commercial insurance market from a broker's perspective.Responsibilities;
- Collate and input client details in the CRM system
- Build and maintain relationships with clients by adopting a proactive approach to customer service
- Interact with prospects and clients to collect and collate information in respect of new business enquiries, renewals and mid-term adjustments
- Administer client's requirements, including mid-term adjustments, renewals, obtaining quotations, cross-sales and invoicing of premiums
- Assist the management in the preparation of presentations and submissions to insurers and suppliers
- Production of new business quotation and renewal terms
- Preparation of new business quotations and market submissions.
- Arrange cover to comply with the client instructions
- Check all documentation for accuracy before issuing to clients or appropriate parties
- Review management information and reports as necessary, ensuring that the appropriate action is taken
- Minimum 5 years' Commercial Insurance broking experience
- Strong IT /CRM system skills
- An eye for detail and a high level of accuracy within both written and verbal communication
- Cert Qualified or CII Qualified
- Have the ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of insurance policy construction.
- Work on own initiative, organised with the ability to prioritise to ensure work is delivered accurately and in a timely manner
- An understanding of underwriting criteria
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new business which is led by highly experienced business professionals who are committed to growing the business, giving the successful applicant the opportunity to develop a long-term career and progress within the business.