Are you currently looking for a new and rewarding teaching opportunity?
Reed Further Education are currently working with a prison in West Yorkshire who are currently recruiting for Personal Development Teachers to join their education team.Wetherby is a young offender institution (YOI)
in Yorkshire for boys and young men aged 15 to 18. Every young person gets 30 hours of education a week. Courses are offered to help young people gain qualifications. They include GCSEs, A levels, construction, hospitality and catering, business enterprise, creative media, music and art. All courses include help with English, maths and personal development.
- Hours - Full Time (Mon-Fri)
- Role - Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
- Pay - £23k - £29k salary banding (dependent on experience and qualifications)
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.Essential Criteria
- Teaching qualification (minimum PGCE/DTLLS)
- Relevant qualification to level 3
- Recent Teaching/Training experience
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Experience in a prison environment
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please apply with an up to date CV and one of the Reed Prison Education team will get in touch to discuss further.
**This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting**