Internal Communications Manager
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Glasgow to recruit for an Internal Communications Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary 4 week contract.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely.
Day rate: £200 - £250 (Inside IR35 umbrella)
You will work flexibly with colleagues across all business areas to develop, manage and coordinate communications, from our Executive Team through to our front line teams. You will disseminate messages through a range of established channels and contribute your own ideas for new and better ways to communicate.
These are roles requiring specialist communications skills and expertise. You will be well organised, have excellent analytical skills and the ability to influence, motivate and lead people working across a range of grades and areas.Main Duties:
- Source, write, edit and manage high quality content for a range of Scottish Government internal corporate channels - including news stories and blogs for the staff intranet, written briefings for senior leaders and Yammer posts.
- Provide credible and authoritative communications advice and support to policy officials, including senior leaders
- You will work with policy colleagues to design, deliver and evaluate a wide range of staff engagement events.
- Use insight and analysis to develop and deliver creative communications plans to promote corporate priorities across the organisation, advising on the best messages, methods and channels to reach and influence audiences.
- Design, deliver and evaluate a wide range of staff engagement events
- Devise media handling around responses to FOI requests and proactive publications. Work closely with business areas to agree reactive responses to corporate media queries
- Relevant recent experience of working in an internal communications, media, PR or similar communications environment
- First rate writing and editing skills, with the ability to tailor content for different audiences
- Ability to analyse and use evidence to inform communications plans and evaluate activity
- Strong influencing skills
- Digital competence
- People Management: You have the ability to manage and motivate people at all levels to deliver excellent results
- Insight: You have experience of working in a communications environment, using research to identify target audiences
- Ideas: You have written communications strategies and have experience of generating communications ideas, developing content and messages for target audiences
- Implementation: You have worked with stakeholders to deliver effective communications and can demonstrate first rate communications skills
- Impact: You have a track record of using evidence to assess the effectiveness of communication and reviewing results against objectives.
Please note, you will require a Basic Disclosure Scotland as well as BPSS clearance before you can start in the role.