Are you an experienced team manager within Learning & Development?Would you like to work in a role that makes a positive impact on people and their communities?
Consider the role of Skills Academy Manager
at Reed in Partnership
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.Please note: We are currently bidding on a number of contract package areas for the new government Restart scheme, the outcome of which is due to be announced by the 16th April 2021. Final stage interviews will take place from the 19th April 2021 onward. This role is an expression of interest for potential future opportunities within Reed in Partnership. What the job is about
The Skills Academy Manager leads a team of between 6 and 12 Employment & Skills Trainers who identify the training needs, and deliver training that enables participants to move closer to employment. The role is responsible for managing the performance, productivity and wellbeing of this team and supports the team through coaching and development to exceed their targets; resolving escalated complaints; ensuring the maintenance of key relationships with partners and timely reporting of key performance indicators (KPI's).Your main responsibilities would include:
What's in it for you?
- Ensure the smooth running and productive dynamics of the team by acting as a lynchpin between all key roles ensuring relevant training needs are identified for a caseload of participants, and training is delivered to move these individuals closer to the job market.
- Managing the team to focus on all elements of the customer journey, identifying and overcoming blocks, obstacles, or inefficiencies in the process through observation and analysis, ensuring that performance targets are exceeded.
- Ensuring the financial resources and facilities of their sites are maintained in good order.
- Contributing constructively to the overall development of our service delivery, suggesting and making improvements continually to enhance productivity, the customer service experience and the quality of our claims and customer outcomes.
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have access to our wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.Required Skills & ExperienceEssential Attainments:
- Experience of team management including the supervision of an individuals'/teams' delivery and/or output (minimum 6 months experience).
- A personal track record of working towards and achieving targets (minimum 1-year experience).
- Experience of people management including supporting, mentoring, and coaching and developing an individual.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification).
Disability Confident Commitment
- Experience of training delivery and creation of training materials
- Experience of managing a team delivering remote services, such as training management
- Experience of working in a fast-paced performance target driven environment, such experience may include working within the following sectors/fields; Professional Services (Banking, Finance and Recruitment etc) or Retail etc.
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.