IT Network Manager - Fixed Term Contract 6 Months - Pembury
We are a leading managed IT service provider in the education sector. We require a IT Network Manager
to fulfil this core role, supporting IT within one of our partners in the Pembury, Kent area.
This is an exciting time to be joining CTS, a company that puts engineering excellence first. An IT Network Manager is one of our core roles, within our partner college and key to the success of our Managed IT service provision.
Our requirement is for a manager with some background in supporting substantial infrastructures and networks utilising Microsoft technologies
. As a manager you will be working daily in an educational environment with a team of dedicated professionals. You will also receive external support from our experienced seniors who are never far away, supporting you either remotely or as a planned site visit. Working as a valued member of the CTS team you will have ample opportunity to further your career within the education sector whilst providing an involves administration and troubleshooting within a predominantly Microsoft environment
You will be running the day to day helpdesk onsite and doing first and second line support while working with the customer, so hands on experience is also required.Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Running the service desk and resolving 1st-2nd line support calls and ensuring all calls are followed through by your team members
- Supporting and maintaining the infrastructure within the school/college to ensure maximum uptime
- Ensuring the you keep the Senior Engineers and CTS Helpdesk team aware of any issues that need to be raised and escalated - we are looking for someone who can do, but someone who equally is prepared to escalate
- Working with your account manager and senior engineer
- Support and manage key infrastructure projects in partnership with your CTS Senior engineer
- You will be the interface between the client and us - you are the face of CTS within the school
- You will manage the day-to-day workload of your team, ensuring you get the best out of them
- Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
- We expect experience in supporting IT in a controlled environment
- Microsoft Server Skills, including, but not limited to:
- Management experience desirable
- Access to highly qualified senior engineers who are all Microsoft trained thus affording exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
- A very autonomous relaxed environment whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it.
- Potential to Apply for Microsoft Training Vouchers after a Year
- Working with a friendly bunch of people who are passionate about IT but also providing a fantastic service! We are passionate about investing in the education of pupils.
- We are committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post.
- The successful candidate should have a good standard of education and sufficient relevant experience. Prior experience in an educational setting is desirable but not essential.
Due to the current challenging times, CTS be holding initial interviews over MS Teams and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by CTS. At CTS we are committed to safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks, including a criminal record disclosure.