HALOW (Birmingham) are looking for new a new trustee with a background in digital marketing to help us design and implement a digital strategy for our organisation.
The Trustee will be working alongside other trustees and management to introduce digital solutions across the charity, They will also support the charity’s aims and objectives and bring their expertise in website development and marketing content for the benefit of families and their significant others in prison.
By being a part of our board you will support and shape our work and strategic direction, as well as help us achieve our purpose to strengthen relationships and wellbeing of children and families of prisoners who we support.
About HALOW (Birmingham)
HALOW (Birmingham) has grown to become a major provider of Visitors’ Centre services, and has, in partnership with six prisons in the West Midlands area over the past 30 years. From dealing with 4,000 requests for help in 1990, the charity’s staff and volunteers assisted some 160,000 visitors’ a year at 6 prison visitors’ centres across the West Midlands by 2017. In October 2017 visitors’ services at HMYOI Brinsford, HMP Featherstone, HMP Stafford and HMYOI Swinfen Hall was transferred to Barnardo’s.
HALOW (Birmingham) continues to run services at HMP Birmingham and HMP Oakwood, together with a range of community-based projects with the aim of achieving better outcomes for people in the criminal justice system, their families and significant others. The past 10 years has also seen an increasing awareness amongst policy-makers the positive effect maintaining and strengthening family ties can have on reducing re-offending.
We are looking for an individual with the following skills and experience:
- Successful track record in digital marketing, website development, digital solutions and/or social media management.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements for customers.
- Experience of current agile project management practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital services.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Long term commitment to HALOW Birmingham
- Lived experience (within Charity Commission regulations) and/or working in the criminal justice system.
- Interest in stepping into a leadership role as there is potential for the trustee to take on the Chair role in due course.
The Board meets at least 6 times a year and the trustee is expected to be available for an estimated 4 hours a month.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please provide your CV and a cover letter, stating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience would add value to the Board of Halow (Birmingham) and any other relevant experience. Please contact the TrusteeWorks team if you have any queries.