Intervention Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is working in partnership with a Preston Alternative Provision School that is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant with experience of delivering interventions in KS3 and/or KS4. The position is to support children within Key Stage 3 and 4 working with groups and individuals to assist in their academic, social and emotional development.
The position is to start 22nd February 2021 to July 2021 with potentially going permanent. It would be advantageous if you have experience of delivering interventions such as literacy and numeracy.
Tradewind are looking for Intervention Specialist Teaching Assistant on behalf of a warm and welcoming SEMH School in Blackburn. The school has a positive impact on the pupils' spiritual, moral social and cultural development.
Staff enjoy coming to work and work well together to utilise the curriculum well to enhance pupils' learning in reading, writing and mathematics. The school is accessible via car with close links to the M6 and M65 with a free large car park. If traveling by public there is a bus stop with a 6-minute walk to the school.
The School's aim is to work in partnership with parents to enable each child to reach its full potential. The staff encourage high expectations and work towards maximum progress for each-one of the schools' pupils.
The School focuses on the National Curriculum they offer a wide and exciting curriculum which aims to be engaging and stimulating for all our pupils. The headteacher encourages pupils to develop a love of learning, independence and resilience to prepare them for when they move to their next stages of education.
The successful Teaching Assistant will be:
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- Experienced within Key Stage 3 and/or Key Stage 4
- Confident delivering interventions based around Maths, Writing, Reading and Phonics
- Approachable, calm and a good team player Available long-term
- Team Teach (not essential as training can be provided)
- Excellent Behaviour Management
- Prior experience working with children with challenging behaviour
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Intervention Teaching Assistant in Preston or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on or
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer