TRAINEE SEN TEACHER / ABA TUTOR
Trainee SEN Teachers will support pupils with autism and related disabilities using behaviourally based instruction and positive reinforcement techniques to accelerate learning.
The school will provide highly supported, comprehensive practical and theoretical training, CPD alongside additional progression opportunities including the option to complete registered qualifications. The school offers regular salary progression based on completion of training.Applied Behaviour Analysis
(ABA) is a therapy based on the science of learning and behaviour.
As an ABA Tutor / Trainee SEN Teacher, you will make a difference by:
- Supporting participation in social, leisure and educational activities
- Encouraging and enabling learning and development in all aspects of daily life
- Facilitating and supporting pupils' decision making and promoting choice
- Collecting, recording and analysing data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes
Working within small classes both 1 to 1 and in groups, you will use specialised support plans to help our pupils meet their individual needs and achieve their full potential You will design, plan and deliver teaching sessions to encourage pupils learning and progression as well as improve their social and emotional development.
We are looking for candidates that offer:
- Minimum Grade C or Grade 4 GCSE in English Language & Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working with children or young adults from 4 - 19 years
- Knowledge, interest or experience of working with special educational needs, Autism Spectrum Disorders and related disabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships with pupils, carers, parents and staff
- Ability to keep accurate records and reports to produce accurate data
- A positive, patient, caring and can-do attitude
- Early Years qualified is desirable but not essential
- Own transport is essential due to the location of the school
Training opportunities include:
- Special Education Needs Teacher Training
- Industry training - Crisis Intervention, Epilepsy, Administering Medication, Safeguarding & First Aid
- Completion of the UK ABA Education Competence Framework
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst Certification
- Masters in High Incidence Disabilities and behaviour analysis
£16,291pa plus extensive CPD and benefits package and regular salary progression based on completion of trainingContract terms:
34.75 hours per week - Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30 pm (Tuesday to 5.30pm)Annual Leave:
44 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all candidates to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).