Meraki Talent have been engaged to assist with the onboarding of an Accounts Senior for their Chartered Accountancy client in Edinburgh.The Company
Our client is a small boutique firm but are well-established within the Edinburgh market. They have been leading the way within the owner managed and sole trader sectors over the last few years, spreading their client base far and wide rather than relying on fewer larger clients. They currently provide Accountancy services in the fields of Business Advisory, Bookkeeping, Payroll, VAT and Tax. They now seek to add to their growing Business Advisory team with an experienced Accounts Senior.The Role
The role of Accounts Senior has become available as the business goes through a sustained period of growth across several of its service channels, making this an exciting time to join a leading practice.
As an Accounts Senior you will report directly to the Senior Partner within the firm. You will be fully responsible for your own client portfolio, managing both client and management expectations whilst working to tight deadlines. This role is suitable for qualified ACCA, part qualified ACCA or applicants who are qualified through experience. You must be experienced in managing your own client portfolio and experience of managing a small team would be a great advantage.Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing an existing client portfolio as alongside new clients onboarded to the Practice
- Preparation and completion of accounts for companies, LLPs, and unincorporated businesses
- Preparation of CT600 Corporation Tax Returns
- Preparation of Personal Tax Returns
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Preparation of P11Ds
- Liaise with HMRC as and when required
- Training of junior colleagues
- Review the work of junior team members
- Support the Practice Managers and the Director in delivering excellent customer service
As an Accounts Senior you will be a client focused individual who can work effectively as part of a team as well as possessing the ability to use your own initiative when required, you will have strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks. A confident and enthusiastic approach to your work where quality outweighs quantity.Experience
For the role of Accounts Senior, the below criteria are Essential.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients
- Part-qualified/Qualified accountant (ACCA/AAT) or qualified through experience
- Strong computing skills
- Experience of working within an accountancy practice
Flexible working day
Working from home options
For further information and a confidential chat regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Dean at Meraki Talent.