About usReed in Partnership are recruiting for a Self Employment Adviser.
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
We are an ambitious organisation which has undergone significant growth and diversification. The business now employs 400 staff delivering a diverse portfolio of employability, skills and youth services across the United Kingdom. The business currently has a number of exciting opportunities within its employability programmes, apply now to join our team.What is the Job about?
A Self Employment Adviser responsible for supporting participants with credible self-employment plans and progress them to successful trading. A Self Employment Adviser will use a variety of techniques including effective diagnosis, individual and group coaching, maximising on any Participant funding available to achieve sustainable employment in self-employment.
This role covers our Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield and Huddersfield offices. Your responsibilities may include:
• Providing a good customer service to Participants including meeting and greeting Participants in a professional way.
• Identifying and utilising various approaches where appropriate such as Better Off Calculations (BOC), visionary goal setting, and applicable financial incentives to sell the benefits of the programme and to adequately diagnose barriers to Self-Employment.
• Mentoring the participant through the commencement of trading including providing support with general work issues and finances and tax credits.What is in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.Required skills & experience
Disability Confident Commitment
- Experience of running your own business, or of delivering business advice to individuals considering starting a business
• Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
• Experience of working in a fast paced environment
• Experience of being accountable for own work e.g. creating resources for those interested in self-employment with particular business sectors.
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria