Finance Director - up to £75k
Are you ACA/ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA qualified? Do you have STRONG experience managing an entire Finance function? If you have experience working within a Property Development company and are looking to join a dynamic / forward thinking organisation, then please get in touch today!
This is a demanding, hands-on role working across two Property Development companies.Reporting to the Board of Directors with 2 Direct Reports; this brand-new opportunity requires a high level of technical skill, together with a strong commercial background.
You will have the ability to implement, improve and change processes as required to increase efficiency of the accounting function of the team. You will be responsible for ensuring a robust control environment is implemented and maintained and to undertake accurate management reporting by implementing best practice across the two businesses.
Experience of setting up JV structures and investment vehicles is advantageous.Responsibilities of the Finance Director include but are not limited to: -
What's in it for you?
- Responsibility for development/project accounting, liaising closely with the construction team, ensuring accurate project cost forecasting and preparing monthly cost/forecast reporting for Directors.
- Ensuring robust control mechanisms are implemented and maintained across both businesses.
- Conducting Feasibility studies.
- Undertaking development viability appraisals and advising senior management.
- Assisting with lender drawdowns and ensuring timely invoicing to Housing Association clients.
- Developing and maintaining investor account schedules.
- Undertaking analytical work as required by senior management team to support strategic decision making.
- Liaising with the banks to secure funding.
- Overseeing and managing the day-to-day accounting function including: -
- Reviewing cash flow forecasting models to ensure accuracy and completeness and reporting as part of monthly management reporting pack.
- Reviewing annual operational budgets and forecasts.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts and preparing variance analysis for reporting to senior management team.
- Reviewing and approving monthly payroll runs and supplier payment runs.
- Assisting with setting up of SPV companies as required and ensuring timely closure of SPV.
- Preparing year end accounts and all relevant schedules for all companies, in line with current statutory rules, for submissions to accounting/audit firm.
- Ensuring all statutory submissions are completed and submitted on time.
- Liaising closely with tax advisors to ensure the businesses are operating on the most tax efficient basis.
- Arranging all relevant insurances for the operating businesses and for the various construction projects.
- Competitive salary of up-to £75k
- Potential Bonus - 10% of salary (based on 5% company performance & 5% personal performance)
- Company Pension
- Permanent Position
- Full Time - 39.5 hours - Monday -Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am - 4:30pm
- Opportunity to join a dynamic company with fantastic working environment.