Data Privacy Associate: Join a world-class Data Privacy specialist team with innovative technological resource capabilities to fast track your progression in this Top 20 international law firm.The Firm
A leader in the technology domain, this international firm continues to ride high on the tech boom waves. The impressive run of growth coincided with the firm's move in 2016 into a gleaming new London office. Despite the current pandemic, revenue increased again this year by 5.3% and accelerating forward. This Top 20 practice acts for corporations, professionals and individuals, focusing on helping multi-national corporations being changed by technology and the digital world. With offices across Europe, the Middle-East, and Asia-Pacific; the international team is always on hand to provide world-class, innovative solutions to their clients worldwide.
They are recognised for their excellence in Corporate & Commercial, Outsourcing, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property & Data Privacy and Aviation. Their world-class expertise spans across global sectors in Media, Healthcare, Energy, Retail & Consumer, and Technology & Communications.
As a global firm, they seek ambitious individuals who are keen to progress. The culture provides all their staff with world-class support; with a commitment to maintaining an inclusive work environment. Agile working and work-life balance is something the firm actively promotes.The RoleThis Top 20 Law firm is seeking a Data Privacy Associate (3-6 PQE) to join their City of London office in their fast-paced, specialist Privacy and Information law team.
Extremely knowledgeable Partners lead the Data Privacy and information law team with a deep understanding of cybersecurity, record retention, and privacy matters. The team advises on complex issues with a contemporary approach on a national and international scope. Projects can cover 60 countries or more, focusing on cybersecurity, data insight, innovation, GDPR, and transfer mechanisms. The team has successfully represented clients in investigatory and enforcement situations with the ICO and other privacy regulators.
The work is highly varied and complex; you will have active engagement with clients and colleagues across the firm internationally.
You will be:
- Working as a part of the national team (London based), comprising over 20 lawyers in the Data Privacy team
- Undertaking UK and cross-border data protection, transparency, and other information law related work on behalf of global corporations across sectors including technology, financial services, consumer, life sciences, industrial and education.
- Expected to work collaboratively, handle some work independently with appropriate supervision, and work as a team on major, ground-breaking projects.
- Involved with business development (higher BD engagement for senior associates).
Salary and Benefits:
- You will be a Data Privacy Associate at least 3 PQE within Data Privacy and information law (senior associates are encouraged to apply)
- Currently working within a City or International Practice
- Experience FOIA/EIA would be advantageous given the breadth of work the team undertakes in this increasingly complex area
- You will possess strong technical skills and excellent academic qualifications due to the specialist nature.
- Demonstrate exceptional organisational skills, planning skills to meet deadlines, and great attention to detail.
This exciting opportunity is for a Data Privacy Associate to join their specialist team in their City of London headquartered office. Please call the City of London team for full details about this role, or a conversation about the market confidentially.
- You will receive a competitive market salary with excellent benefits package.
- As a modern, progressive firm; internal promotion opportunities are within realistic reach
- The firm invests heavily in new technologies to assist remote working