Location: Covering Edinburgh, Fife, West Lothian, East Lothian & Midlothian.
Salary: £35,700 per annum + £4,800 Car Allowance.
Contract: 35 hours per week.
ENABLE Works are the leading Scottish organisation delivering high quality employability services for people who have learning disabilities.
Your role is to lead one of five ENABLE Works regional areas, delivering support services across Edinburgh and the Lothians, including leading our All In Edinburgh consortium across Edinburgh City.
You will lead on the (1) delivery of performance and quality standards, (2) meeting of compliance and contractual requirements and (3) developing new business opportunities to support people who have additional support needs into work.
You will lead a small team of Employability Team Leaders, supporting their development as leaders and ensuring your wider team of Employment Coordinators deliver high quality services. You will engage strategically with both local and national contract managers, ensuring contracts are delivered and relationships maintained. You will lead on developing new business, in partnership with the Assistant Director of Development, creating new opportunities for services, securing, and implementing them.
You will play a key role in how ENABLE Works influences policy and support for people who have learning disabilities in Scotland.
• Lead a team of Team Leaders to manage the quality and performance of a wider team
• Support the development of senior staff through effective mentoring
• Oversee and report on overall operations and staffing for the region
• Deliver an agreed performance and quality target annually
• Coordinate compliant information systems and reporting systems in line with contract standards.
• Manage regional income and expenditure in line with agreed budget
• Ensure contracts meets key aims and objectives
• Liaise with funders and partners regarding contract delivery, ensuring contracts are maintained
• Develop and maintain relationships with agreed organisations, negotiating new opportunities
• Lead on the development of grant applications and tenders for new services
• Deliver an agreed business development target annually
• Manage effective implementation and integration of new services into ENABLE Works
Knowledge and Understanding
• An awareness of employability and skills structures and systems in Scotland
• A commitment to workplace diversity and understanding of its benefits
Skills / Abilities
• Self-management skills and the ability to meet duties effectively
• Successfully managing people and leading teams
• Resilience in reacting to and resolving challenges
• Supporting and mentoring developing leaders
• Ability to measure and communicate impact
• Ability to lead communications and relationships
• Ability to work collaboratively to deliver success
• Ability to lead business development and write tenders to a high standard
• Managing employability or skills development services
• Experience of managing contracts to qualitative, financial and service expectations
• Identifying problems and resolving issues
• Implementing change management
• Delivering high performance and quality to agreed standards
• Managing compliance to contractual and legal standards
• Excellent stakeholder management
• Experience of financial management
• Evidence of advocacy and influence in leadership
• Professional presentation skills and experience
• Experience of strategic development and innovation
Driving license and own transport is essential
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities.
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity's mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.