Are you a thinking about a career in teaching and would like some classroom experience in a Crosby secondary school? Are you looking for flexible work that can fit around your lifestyle? If so, then Tradewind can help you once schools re-open following lockdown.
The role of a Cover Supervisor would give you the perfect insight into life in a secondary school, the classroom and give you an excellent start for your secondary school PGCE.
The role of a Cover Supervisor:
* Delivery of work set by the class teacher
* Engage students and simultaneously manage behaviour
* Leave feedback for the class teacher on work completed and general class behaviour
* Follow school policies, e.g. behaviour policy (you will be made aware of these on arrival at school)
* Bookings are predominately day to day, so there is a great deal of flexibility available. However, there is also the opportunity for longer term bookings, but the majority are on a shorter term basis.
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
* Be a Graduate (desirable but not essential)
* Have experience in a position of responsibility (Police/ Social Work/ Mentoring/ Military/ coaching- not an exhaustive list)
* Have a positive and engaging demeanour
* Be able to build positive professional relationships with both staff and students
* Be able to think on your feet
* Be able to communicate effectively
* Be committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students
To join us and be successful in this secondary school Cover Supervisor role in Crosby you will need:
* An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to apply for one (cost refunded after the completion of 20 days' work)
* An overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this cover supervisor job based in Crosby.
1.As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer