We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Public Health Consultant
to develop and deliver inter-agency long and short term strategic plans, projects and programmes which deliver key public health targets for one of our local government clients based in Chelmsford.
The Public Health Consultant
will be accountable for the delivery strategy for services and professional advice and knowledge in respect of public health, which supports and informs ethical frameworks to develop high quality equitable services across primary, secondary and social care sectors.
They will be accountable for developing and delivering inter-agency long and short term strategic plans, projects and programmes and responsible for influencing external agencies in their public health policy decisions by working with complex professional, managerial and population groups and other organisations in the statutory, non-statutory and private sectors.
Additionally responsible for safeguarding the health of the population in relation to communicable disease, infection control and environmental health, including delivery of immunisation targets and the implementation of NICE or equivalent national standards/guidance.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
Please apply for further information
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists. If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice.
- Meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body
- MFPH by examination, by exemption or by assessment
- Masters in Public Health, desirable
- In depth understanding of the health and care system and the relationships with both local and national government
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of interfaces between health, social care and key partners (dealing with wider determinants of health)
- Media experience demonstrating delivery of effective health behaviour or health promotion messages, desirable
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.