Age UK are recruiting for a professional, quality driven Safeguarding Implementation Manager to develop and implement best practice procedures and new resources in safeguarding and working with people in vulnerable circumstances. This fantastic opportunity will be mainly focused on Age UK's national telephone services, including The Silver Line Helpline.
The successful applicant will initially focus on gaining a deep understanding of our national services in order to develop new resources, including training, to educate and empower staff and volunteers to respond appropriately and proportionately to safeguarding incidents in line with the Age UK policy. The role will also involve providing specialist knowledge and expertise in response to operational safeguarding incidents.
This post is initially a 12 month fixed term contract but could be extended.
This role is homebased, however some regular travel to our Blackpool office is essential, hence it would best suit a candidate with a reasonable commute.
You will have
* Experience of working with children or adults at risk within a statutory or voluntary organisation - ideally within a health, social care or charity setting
* Extensive post qualifying social work experience or extensive experience of delivering services to children or adults at risk
* Experience in providing effective safeguarding advice and guidance
* Experience of writing policy, procedure & guidance documents
* Experience of delivering training and presenting information to a range of audiences
* The ability to effectively manage your own workload
* Experience of working for an organisation which has transformed its services
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary £35,000 - £40,000, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Excellent pension scheme (we will contribute up to 6%)
* Life assurance
* Simply Health cashback plan and EAP
* A range of fantastic benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.