Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit an Internal Communications Manager for an initial 12 month contract on a rate of £200-£250/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
• You will work flexibly with colleagues across all business areas to develop, manage and coordinate communications, from our Executive Team through to our front line teams. You will disseminate messages through a range of established channels and contribute your own ideas for new and better ways to communicate. You will work with policy colleagues to design, deliver and evaluate a wide range of staff engagement events.
• These are roles requiring specialist communications skills and expertise. The post holders will be well organised, have excellent analytical skills and the ability to influence, motivate and lead people working across a range of grades and areas.
• Source, write, edit and manage high quality content for a range of internal corporate channels - including news stories and blogs for the staff intranet, written briefings for senior leaders and Yammer posts.
• Provide credible and authoritative communications advice and support to policy officials, including senior leaders
• Use insight and analysis to develop and deliver creative communications plans to promote corporate priorities across the organisation, advising on the best messages, methods and channels to reach and influence audiences.
• Design, deliver and evaluate a wide range of staff engagement events
• Work closely with business areas to agree reactive responses to corporate media queries
• Relevant recent experience of working in an internal communications, media, PR or similar communications environment
• First rate writing and editing skills, with the ability to tailor content for different audiences
• Ability to analyse and use evidence to inform communications plans and evaluate activity
• Strong influencing skills
• Digital competence
• People Management: You have the ability to manage and motivate people at all levels to deliver excellent results
• Insight: You have experience of working in a communications environment, using research to identify target audiences
• Ideas: You have written communications strategies and have experience of generating communications ideas, developing content and messages for target audiences
• Implementation: You have worked with stakeholders to deliver effective communications and can demonstrate first rate communications skills
• Impact: You have a track record of using evidence to assess the effectiveness of communication and reviewing results against objectives.
• Video editing skills
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.