Property Services - Competitive Salary + Benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our firm, working within the Property Services Group Northern Team, based in Manchester.
Why Work For Us?You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists. You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors. You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.About Us
As one of the longest-established firms of its kind, we employ some of the most talented people in the industry. Our award-winning expertise has been built up over many years and we pride ourselves on our unique and unrivalled service.
We have a focused offer, delivering high quality and innovative MEP engineering solutions. Our project portfolio is impressive. We work on an extensive range of projects across all major sectors, many of which are high profile. We continually look at clever ways to overcome design challenges and we are not afraid to innovate. Our number one concern is the quality of the project.
Our long-established client relationships and reputation for quality mean that most of our business is repeat. We recently won the Collaborative Working Partnership Award at the 2017 CIBSE Building Performance Awards.
We stick to what we're good at and encourage all of our people to influence the way things are done. We're large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. We have high levels of employee retention because our people like working for us, and many of them are the most skilled and experienced in the industry.
Your role as an Associate within Hoare Lea will include work winning and delivery from both existing and cultivating new clients and assisting the regional lead in planning the specialist delivery of the Property Services Group for the Northern Region.
A particular focus on work delivery, organisational support and team growth is required to support local and regional clients.
In the Hoare Lea environment Team Leaders inspire their team in ownership and delivery of their Projects. Team Leaders also demonstrate strong leadership capabilities providing supervision and guidance to team members and other staff. The Teams work cooperatively with other teams to deliver a wide variety of Projects with Team Leaders meeting regularly to discuss workload and other management issues. Team Leaders help, recruit, train and develop their team members and their careers to ensure ongoing succession and growth of the Practice.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. You will take the lead and deliver on small projects up to the value of a few £million, and support larger projects, with values of £100million+.
Projects span across sectors including Commercial Offices, Retail and School / Further Education. What We Are Looking For
- Chartered status or equivalent experience
- Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and applicable EU regulations, design guides, etc
- Good understanding of the secondary engineering discipline
- Good contractual and commercial knowledge
- Manage projects to avoid technical and commercial risk
- IT literate with an understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. IES and Microsoft office
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to effectively work to timescales and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of contract administration, procurement and conditions of contract/ appointment
- Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven track record in work winning and building successful teams
- Develop and obtain work opportunities internally within Hoare Lea
- Develop and market the group to new Northern and Scottish clients
What We Can Offer You
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
• Excellent IPD scheme and active support towards further professional accreditation
• Friendly and dynamic team working environment
• Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
• Collaboration with MEP cost centres, specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
• Opportunity to provide input and lead the electrical design at the early stages and see that through the detailed design stages and on site
• Opportunity for onsite involvement
• Opportunities for career progression
• Opportunities to work on International Projects
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
• Profit and performance related bonus
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Tax free childcare
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
- Discounted BUPA health assessments
- Flexible working - We're happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Study Assistance
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel & dental insurance
- Employee retail discounts
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- GAYE - Give as you Earn
- Gourmet society tasting cards
- Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.