REQ ID: 54241
JOB TITLE: Automation Controller - D Grade
SALARY: £43,800 - £50,000
POSTING END DATE: 14.03.2021
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We're already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We're doing more than dream, we're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover is increasing its capability and capacity of its Digital workforce to identify and automate activities across the Enterprise to free up colleagues to focus on more interesting and strategic elements of their role. This exciting role is part of our Intelligent Process Automation Centre of Excellence (COE) which has evolved from our Robotic Process Automation COE and combines traditional RPA technology with cognitive / Artificial Intelligence capabilities, upskilling our Digital workforce to read, interpret, analyse and support colleagues with enhanced decision-making. These new capabilities, combined with process improvement capabilities, such as lean six sigma will be applied to processes across JLR in order to unlock efficiency across end-to-end value streams by optimising delivery and improving process compliance.
As part of our new Intelligent Process Automation CoE, this exciting role encapsulates process solution design and automation development to drive maximum benefits through use of RPA and other complimentary technologies, such as Smart Workflow tools, Optical Character Recognition (OC), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python and SQL.The Role
The Automation Controller works in the Control Room to manage process automations in the production environment, ensuring continuity of service through the swift triage of issues and resolution of any service disruption through engagement with IPA Development Team and Business Customers. The RPA tool of choice at Jaguar Land Rover is Blue Prism, the Automation Controller will be experienced in working either with Blue Prism or with similar RPA tools. The Automation Controller ensures Customer are satisfied with their live service and implements code change requests in accordance with the COE operating model.Key Accountabilities and ResponsibilitiesRPA Delivery:
Post Go Live Support:
- Support peer reviews of automation design ensuring alignment with best practice
- Support business SME reviews to ensure process automation opportunities are well understood and clearly specified
- Support the delivery of process automation, peer testing, user acceptance testing and deployment into production
- Support the process automation through the hypercare process ensuring the process automation operates effectively and aligned to business expectations in a production environment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Monitors and maintains process automation performance in the production environment
- Manages service level reporting with customers
- Helps to triage issues with process automations in production providing swift resolution and maintaining business performance
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within process automations
- Support planned maintenance and upgrade activity, including regression testing
- Supports infrastructure and applications ensuring continuity of service
- Manages the process automation release process
- Supervises Control Room Analysts to raise and manage service tickets with service providers ensuring timely resolution of issues.
To be successful in the role you will need to be results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver projects in a complex and fast moving environment. You will be effective in a team environment, able to develop and support team members and lead cross-functional collaborations. Blue prism accredidation or similar is essential.
SO WHY US?
- Experience in developing and testing process automations in Blue Prism.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in order to achieve objectives, and to drive others to do so also.
- Excellent collaborator who is able to bring cross functional teams together to create the optimal outcome.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and environment, dealing with conflicting priorities for self and others
- Uses initiative to proactively address issues as they occur on a day to day basis.
- Experience of providing application support - in an RPA / Blue Prism environment would be preferable
- Willingness to investigate and experiment with new and emerging technology, ensuring that at all times the IPA COE is leading edge.
- Ability to work with offshore delivery teams.
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.