We're looking for a passionate software engineer to join our Platform squad and build reliable and scalable platforms that support Pulse, our solution to delivering rapid, actionable insight to lenders.
You'll spend your time
- Working on developing and maintaining software that is fundamental to Aire's business, typically providing automation and tooling to support the use of our Platforms.
- Collaborating with and enabling Engineers and Data Scientists from other teams who interact with the platforms to deliver new services, enhancements, and the occasional bug fix.
- Teaming up to help design and build our secure, performant, scalable and fault-tolerant platforms.
- Planning and architecting changes such that they minimise risk to the platform and its consumers.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you
- have hands-on experience building cloud infrastructures in a major cloud-provider.
- have excellent communication and people skills and enjoy engaging and working with multi-disciplinary teams across an organisation.
- enjoy working from idea to delivery in an agile way, including discovering and defining new product features in an iterative way.
- are experienced with developing CI/CD pipelines.
- have an understanding and exposure to Kubernetes.
- have strong proficiency with Python.
- advocate for and practice Test Driven Development (TDD).
- have a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in a software engineering role.
We'd especially love to hear from you if you
- are established in AWS (EC2, EKS, S3, RDS, IAM)
- are experienced in infrastructure provisioning using Terraform (Ansible or Cloud Formation)
- have experience with Kubeflow
- have worked with data processing for machine learning automation
- 28 days holiday (in addition to public holidays and includes 3 days over Christmas)
- Competitive salary
- Bupa Private health insurance
- Personal development budget
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Time off to volunteer for good causes
At Aire, we exist to make credit equitable for everyone free from bias and free from prejudice - for the world. A bold mission that we're resolute on doing the right way always putting our approach to regulation and our laser focus on the needs of the consumer above a quick win or a fast result.
As part of our diverse team, you'll be working on one of the hardest problems in consumer credit, helping us deliver a credit system upgrade so valuable that it stands to benefit all of us our friends, our family, our loved ones.
Previously Shoreditch-based, we've been working remotely since March. Long since believing that the future of work should be built around true flexibility, we have now moved to a remote-first approach on a permanent basis. Yet central to our culture are the strong relationships established away from the meeting room so we'll be putting in place regular ways we can be together again in person. While remote work may be our default, seeing each other in person will, as soon as we feel it's safe to do so, become our routine.
Aire is authorised and regulated by the FCA in the UK since 2016, we have been working with lenders offering a range of credit products, and we have been fortunate enough to have our work recognised in multiple industry awards. We've made great strides so far but there is much to be done and we want you to be part of our next phase.
Our core product, Pulse, delivers rapid, actionable insight to lenders. It gives them a clearer picture of the current financial situation of their existing customers. Pulse takes care of customer outreach to collect data directly from consumers and builds insights that lenders can act on. Built to be repeatable and scalable, we are constantly discovering new problems Pulse can solve for lenders and introducing new functionality.
How we're organised
Our organisational design at Aire, does not separate Product and Technology. Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists are all working together to solve problems as one Product Group. We've organised our Product Group into three cross-functional teams (which we call squads)
- Consumers squad - Focussed on interactions with consumers and consumer insight
- Lenders squad - Focussed on interactions with lenders and product configuration
- Platform squad - Focussed on product infrastructure and the deployment pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.