Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.Role
We are looking for a Head of Marketing
, to generate and coordinate the next phase of our marketing activities on the road to our first launch.
This will include defining messages and programmes to reach various direct and indirect audiences, and include deploying a significant, multi-year budget.
This will be a demanding role that will suit an experienced and entrepreneurial marketer looking for a fast-paced and highly dynamic project. It will be all-consuming as we ramp up to first launch.Background
We are looking for experienced candidates who can demonstrate they can deliver superb results, with a self-starting, hands-on attitude.
You will be very experienced marketing manager and communicator who is able to not only manage a team but also roll up your sleeves, generate ideas, create content and make things happen yourself.
You will be eager for a fast-paced opportunity that offers exceptional freedom and responsibility, as well as the chance to build the success of a new European space launch vehicle.
You might well be working in similar high tech industries such as the highest levels of motor sports or yacht sports today.Responsibilities
- Ownership of the Orbex brand.
- Definition of longer term marketing position and strategy.
- Communications to customers and the wider community to support that strategy.
- Generation of photographic, video and text materials.
- Management of the marketing plan, budget and team.
- Communications management with a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences.
- Planning and delivering significant standalone events.
- Company spokesperson.
- MBA or equivalent level of academic achievement
- 10 years of experience in high tech domains.
- A background in Formula 1 or Americas Cup racing would be a distinct plus.
- Space launch knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
- Understanding of high technology attributes and using those attributes in marketing.
- Experience with strategic marketing communications.
- Dedication to outstanding brand management.
- A strong portfolio of delivered projects.
Orbex is a fast-moving company with a lot going on every single day. We are looking for a very senior colleague who will work hard, deliver reliably and put the team above themselves without any need for supervision.
Typically you will be:-
- A creative, lateral thinker.
- Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy.
- Adventurous and team-oriented.
- Calm under pressure.
In this specific role you will need to be:-
- Comfortable with extreme multi-tasking.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Energetic and proactive.
- Able to work long hours over the next 2-3 years.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex's headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.Security
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.Benefits
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in the company
- Relocation assistance where appropriate
- Company Cycle to Work scheme
Powered by JazzHR