Our client designs, builds and launches digital products that put dynamic brands ahead of the curve. Due to increased demand for their services we are currently hiring a senior full-stack developer. Most of their projects are built in Ruby on Rails, so you should have experience in using Rails to bring products to life. A market competitive salary, a highly tuned team, awesome products, perks and remote working flexibility await...
• Senior Full Stack Developer - Digital Products Agency
• London / UK Remote Split
• £60 - £70,000k + Big Perks Package (potentialy more for the right candidate)
We're looking for a full-stack developer with 5+ years experience to join the talented engineering team. You'll help head up clients development projects and write high-quality code whilst also sharing your knowledge and expertise with the rest of the team to help them do the same.
As well as building products in Ruby on Rails, you should be able to contribute technical expertise throughout the project life cycle. Everything from breaking down and estimating projects at the start, to making well-reasoned architectural choices, to writing code, testing and deplo\ment.
Given the current circumstances, they are a fully remote team based in the UK right now. But when it's safe to return to the office, they will expect you to come to the London office at least three days a week.
• 5+ years experience as a full-stack developer.
• Has a strong track record using Ruby on Rails to bring products to life.
• Constructing SQL queries making full use of RDBMS features.
• Building sophisticated front-end applications.
• Writing thorough automated tests across the whole stack.
• Deplo\ing and maintaining applications with multiple moving parts.
• Ability to debug technical issues and solve problems effectively.
• E[plaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Delivering projects in a client-facing / agency role.
• Agile development methodologies and code reviews.
Bonus points if
• Your experience with building front-end applications includes working with React.
• Your experience with building web applications includes performant, data-intensive apps with large datasets (hundreds of millions of rows).
• You have a strong interest in or experience with applied ML & AI.
• You have an understanding of Linux server concepts (e.g. init process, differences in distributions, where to find files, how to manage packages, making common
• You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
You would love and thrive in this role if you are
• A collaborator: the best results come from supporting each other and working closely with our clients.
• An analytical and creative thinker, who enjo\s problem-solving and learning new industries as well as complex domains.
• Flexible: agency work is fun and varied. Often no two weeks are alike.
• Happy to work on projects of all si]es and shapes, from a quick one-page protot\pe to a twelve-month transformation project.
• Driven by tangible results and learning opportunities: done is better than perfect.
• Alwa\s striving to improve your craft and the quality of our work as a team.
What's on offer in return
• Opportunity to work remotely for 2 days a week if you wish. (Full\ remote in the UK at present).
• 25 days holiday + bank holida\s.
• Health insurance and subsidised g\m membership.
• Pension scheme.
• Personal training/conference/book budget.
• Regular drinks and dinners (once we're back in the office).
• Season ticket loan, cycle-to-work and tech schemes.
• Competitive salary depending on relevant e[perience and working arrangements.