Senior Financial Controller The client
Our client is an international multi-family private office based near Victoria, London, SW1. They work with global UHNWI's and highly successful entrepreneurs on confidential advisory services within all business, philanthropy and lifestyle matters. The role
The Financial Controller reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for managing and improving the organisation's financial performance including resolving inefficiencies already identified, all financial and accounting activity and for managing finance staff in their day-to-day operations. The majority of the role is comprised of day-to-day hands-on financial management.
You will be a natural communicator, confident and driven with the ability to implement and make decisions without much direction in a highly fast-paced and pressurised environment. You will be motivated and focused, a strategist and doer with the ability to streamline and deliver within the business based on the requirements of the CEO, whilst additionally taking authoritative direction.
This is a very hands-on position that requires excellent communication, and strong analytical skills, with a natural tolerance for indistinctness, high levels of the organisation, and a can-do attitude, in which tasks both big and small are taken on with enthusiasm and efficiency without the support of a big team underneath to support you. This a very operational role and the right candidate needs to be content with doing all tasks from the bottom to the top. Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- Fully qualified accountant: CIMA/ACA/ACCA.
- Proven and relevant work experience for 7-10 years' post-qualification as a hands-on FC.
- Prior experience working for a Single or Multi-Family Office, Hedge Fund, or legal/professional services firm. Recent large corporate background is not desirable.
- Proven and excellent financial and accounting skills.
- Expertise in Sage including use of Sage in the last 3 years.
- Hands-on accounts preparation experience, double-entry bookkeeping and an understanding of the corporate accounting side of a business.
- Proven analytical abilities and experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in both hours and range of duties.
- English mother tongue with fluency in at least one of the following: French, German, Hebrew or Spanish.
- Strong basic knowledge of tax and audit.
- Knowledge of investments and real estate.
- Capacity to hold their own when challenging situations occur, and able to voice and resolve concerns to the appropriate person/people in real-time.
- Ability to indirectly manage multiple team members to ensure financial processes are being followed correctly.
- Strong organisational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiator.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, Office Collective is only able to respond to successful candidates. We wish you the very best of luck with your job search.