Linux Systems Administrator - 2 days a week remote- Up to £75k package
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a market leading Software company for a passionate and Cloud savvy Linux Systems Administrator based in Bristol.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Form part of a critical operations function that is responsible for the monitoring, availability and performance of production services.
• Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall application performance and availability.
• Perform systems administration activities to ensure the smooth operation of applications across multiple platforms
• Support maintenance activities which impact production applications.
• Support critical systems that handle sensitive and proprietary data
• Create, maintain and update work instructions for troubleshooting and supporting applications.
• Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
• Provide input to administering and maintaining all production environments
• Patching and upgrade of existing applications
• Provide feedback and coaching to upstream teams (both internal and vendors) to reduce escalations and to continually improve overall experience for customers.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• A degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
• 3+ years of experience administering Linux systems
• Strong hands-on experience of variants of linux distros
• Familiarity or experience of working with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
• Familiarity with deployment tools such as Ansible Tower and Jenkins
• Experience in carrying out large deployments to global infrastructure
• Proficient with orchestration/configuration tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Puppet.
• Strong working knowledge of networking, packet tracing, understanding latency and throughput in order to pinpoint or resolve application issues.
• Thorough knowledge of HTTP(S), SMTP, TLS/SSL, DNS and LDAP
• Experience of system/application administration in a distributed, customer-facing, high-availability and large-scale environments
• Experienced and confident in at least one scripting language such as Perl, shell, Ruby or Python.
• Experience with monitoring systems
Package - total £75k
• Basic salary up to £55k
• Bonus 15%
• Company stocks
• And many more!
Linux Systems Administrator - Up to £75k package