Lead Data EngineerPurpose:
Own and deliver our end-to-end data solutions, enabling us to become a truly data driven company.Intro:
Here at Beauty Bay, we recognize the increasing value of data within our business as a driver of innovation and a provider of insight as we constantly look at new ways to enhance our customers shopping experience.
As we continue ahead with our super exciting digital journey, we're embarking on an ambitious modernization transitioning our current SQL based BI stack into a cloud (AWS) first data architecture and have a great new role available for our Lead Data Engineer to take us on this journey.
"We want to push boundaries, it's in our DNA. Join us on our amazing new digital journey, as we continue to build super cool and cutting edge products to ensure that BEAUTY BAY is THE go to destination for beauty lovers worldwide." What experience are we looking for?
- Expertise with data modelling and structures, and experience with data warehousing tools and techniques such as Snowflake, Redshift, or similar managed solutions
- Thorough understanding of relevant cloud technologies preferably with the AWS stack (AWS Glue, S3, Redshift, Athena, Quicksight)
- Experience programming in one or more general purpose programming languages, with a preference for Python
- Experience with ETL tools such as Stitch, AWS Glue, Google Dataflow, or Apache Spark
- Solid SQL Server SQL Analysis Services, SQL Reporting Services experience
- A self-starting learner, confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done before
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy-in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We're always looking for ways to ship at pace.
Do you want to be part of our growth journey?
- Develop and own the vision of the function
- Ownership and development of the Data Services platform serving our business community including ensuring it is performant, scalable and highly available to the business.
- Proposing, evaluating, and owning the adoption of relevant technologies used within the team
- Help the business understand the value of data, the opportunities it presents and its ability to drive the business forward
- Own the design and assist with the implementation any ELT processes needed
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences on projects
- Day to day line management of the team, including coaching and mentoring the team as they develop in their roles
Our core values (Innovation, Communication and Customer Focus) run through every decision made and from our buyers and designers to our customer service advisors, our technology specialists through to our editorial and marketing teams, we're innovative and creative boundary pushers.
You'll be joining a "one team" culture, where there are no boundaries to what you can achieve.What's in it for you...
· Generous & competitive salary
· Great development programmes.
· Amazing offices and great culture.
· Pay day drinks / parties
· Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
· And tons more... Sound like you?
We'd love to hear from you today, so please get in touch with our Talent Partner, Emily Hockings, she'd love to discuss this role further.
- *recruitment agencies, we're sorted thanks*