Job Description & Person SpecificationCall Centre OperatorSalary
£6.45ph - £8.72phContract
Shift patterns varying Monday-Saturday between 12pm - 8pm.Location
Manchester M14Reports to
Donor Care Supervisor & Donor Care Team LeadersClosing Date
Friday 19th March 2021About READ Foundation
READ Foundation is a UK based registered charity working to create school places for children living in poverty in the developing world.
We create opportunities for orphan and needy children to go to school to gain an education and build a better life for themselves. We do this by renovating old dilapidated schools or constructing entirely new ones from the ground up, as well as offering full scholarships to orphan children and subsidised fees to children from low-income families.
We created our first school in 1994 with a single classroom of 25 children, while as of this academic year we are now running almost 400 schools, in which over 100,000 children study, almost 10% of whom are orphaned by father or both parents. However, with a global shortage of classrooms in the millions, there is still much to do to achieve universal education.Purpose of Job
As the Call Centre Operator, you will be responsible for maintaining the relationships of READ Foundation's new and existing donors alongside providing efficient database and administrative support for all the income that is generated as a result of the various channels used as part of our fundraising strategy. Your role will be to ensure that transactional and donor data is effectively captured and processed using the most efficient means. As such you must be comfortable configuring and maintaining records and recording systems using tools such as Excel, Access and Outlook.
You will have responsibility for donations data management and will assist with the activation of any new functionality and upgrades to the donations systems. You will also ensure the integrity of data and create processes for checking data quality at input stage. You will play a lead role in collating and inputting donations data, acknowledging and receipting donations, allocating beneficiaries to sponsors and act as the first point of contact for any queries relating to donations.Main Responsibilities
- Opening, processing, coding, acknowledging and banking donations (including credit card, direct debit, cash, cheques, bank transfers, etc.)
- Maintaining relationships of new and existing donors
- Achieving team/personal targets.
- Calling donors updating them on our new campaigns
- Building rapport with donors
- Ensuring fundraising database is kept up to date
- Managing donations processing systems (scanning donation forms, taking donations, allocating beneficiaries, acknowledging and receipting, etc.)
- Monitoring donor opt-outs to ensure they are swiftly complied with (including email, SMS, telephone and post)
- Liaising with donors regarding missed donations or pledged donations via phone, email or letter
- Building and maintaining spreadsheets for real-time reporting on donations from events
- Dealing with white-mail (information requests, complaints, general enquirers)
- Complying with GDPR, IOF codes of conduct and Gift Aid rules
- Providing donors with product and service information
- Entering new donor information into the system
- Updating existing donor information as and when required
- Identifying and escalating priority issues
- Managing and resolving donor complaints
- Bulk processing donation data including website, direct debit, credit card, standing order, bank transfers, and external fundraising platforms
- Producing regular reports as required by Senior Management and other departments within READ Foundation
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.Instructions to Apply
Please send your full CV outlining how your skills and experience meet the person specification for the post.Person SpecificationKnowledge
- A level or equivalent qualifications.
- Fluency in English language and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge of additional languages, Urdu and Punjabi.
- Experience of data entry.
- Practical understanding of donor queries (customer care).
- Knowledge with databases in general.
- Knowledge of any reporting tool.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office software.
- 1 years' experience within customer service environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise a complicated workload.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary role.
- A good eye for detail and strong data entry skills.
- Able to communicate and hold conversations with a variety of different people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good independent judgement and ability to challenge constructively.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Imaginative, creative, curious and a desire to hone and develop your skills.
- Can give and take feedback.
- To be passionate about the quality of your work, and embrace new technology.
- Effective time-keeping and work load management.
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks at one time.
- Keen eye for detail and quality.