About the role
We are hiring our first marketing hire to define and accelerate customer acquisitions. You will guide us in where we should be investing our time and money to generate higher volume, better quality opportunities for conversion by our sales people. You'll be responsible for defining creative paid campaigns across various channels to generate qualified referrals and help Metomic acquire its first set of customers. The measure of your initial success will include having generated our first 5 clients, then the next 20. Over the remainder of the first 9 months you will be experimenting with channels, establishing our messaging and coming out the other side with a clear strategy on how to 10x our initial customer base. Success through 2022 will be executing on your strategy, scaling the functions capabilities, and growing a marketing team. What the job involves
The things you should demonstrate
- Create, manage & execute creative paid marketing strategies across multiple channels that facilitate acquisition - lifting conversion rates, delivering marketing qualified leads and growing Metomic's initial customer base
- Define key metrics to measure data-driven hypotheses and establish a process for reporting results and derived recommendations weekly, monthly and quarterly to the business.
- Leverage marketing automation and lead management tools to streamline workflows and define lead scoring and qualification
- Ensure customer insights are gathered to help define our value propositions and relevant messaging to personas
- Work closely with our sales team to align marketing with the buyer's journey, educate on tying specific needs to
- personas and improving lead quality
- Refine & create product marketing materials with our freelance journalist to to support our sales team and
- acquisition strategies
- Manage website content, functionality and optimisation programmes
- Build and maintain agency relationships by setting goals, providing assets, performance feedback, and managing
The ways you like to work:
- Solid expertise in paid social across a number of clients and categories, and platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn
- The experience to educate us in how to get the best out of a channel's performance, iterating and innovating to stay
- ahead of competitors
- An analytical mindset with the ability to conduct research, analyse the results and create a compelling narrative for
- sharing your insights and our metrics, such as PPC, coherently
A little about us:
- A passion for optimisation through learning - You are at your most content planning, setting up and running tests to build insights and improve performance
- Comfortable with autonomy and independence, you will enjoy pushing your own boundaries
- A broad interest and passion for online marketing - You know things never stay the same, so you're always learning
- about what's next and what's driving that change
Metomic enables companies to harness the power of data without the risk. We automatically detect and protect sensitive data across all internal databases and cloud applications. This allows companies to securely collect, share and analyse data without the liability of having to protect it themselves.
We're an ambitious young company. Anyone joining us should be excited about working in a greenfield environment with lofty goals of establishing a transformational, privacy-first way for data to be shared between customers and companies.
We've raised £4.5m to date and are fortunate to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in Europe, including LocalGlobe and Connect Ventures.
Including our founders we are currently a team of 7, and consequently we're the definition of an early-stage start-up. Although we're still working towards product market fit we clearly understand the problem we're trying to solve. Our ultimate belief is that individuals should have more control over their data - if you agree and believe you are suited to an early-stage start-up, we'd love to hear from you. So, how does Metomic solve this for companies?
For us this is a 2 step process:
- Detect: Tell companies where data is, and how it's being used
- Protect: Help companies lock sensitive data down
You can see an early demo of Protect here: https://vimeo.com/467654526 Sounds interesting, but what does that mean?
We're in the early days of building a product to which lightning response time and high-frequency throughput is critical. What we build will be embedded deeply into the daily workings of other companies (our customers), and it's therefore imperative that our system is fast, scalable and performant.
Our goal: provide a product that protects our customers from the risks of processing sensitive data. In practice, this means three things:
What does our environment look like?
- We provide light-touch scanning to detect real-time sensitive data presence (e.g. at network, OS or application level).
- We provide deep integrations with third party product APIs in order to thoroughly scan for and control sensitive data.
- We provide a tokenisation mechanism to protect sensitive data from unsanctioned access.
Additional characteristics we expect the entire Metomic team to demonstrate:
- Well, as a team of 7 we have very little bureaucracy or process. That means you will have the opportunity to design solutions based on first principles and critical thinking. You will have a bias to action and a commitment to shipping something 'good enough' into the hands of customers, as opposed to building something 'perfect'.
- You will also need a work ethic suited to self-sufficiency, requiring little management beyond strategic direction and goal-setting. It's unlikely that an applicant not already experienced in a chaotic, early-stage company would thrive in this role. However we are committed to building as diverse a team as possible, and therefore open to applications from anyone with an interest in the problem area, the necessary technical skills, and enough self-awareness to develop into something new.
Working at Metomic:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a start-up.
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities.
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving goals based on your own merit.
- An appetite for learning and intellectual curiosity.
- Comfort receiving and providing constructive criticism, which facilitates transparent collaboration.
Working during a pandemic comes with many tough challenges, so we want you to know that our first priority is to ensure you're set up to be comfortable, healthy and happily productive.
Despite not being able to work together in an office right now, we've managed to maintain an unbelievably good working spirit and intensity. Our culture is deeply collaborative and refreshingly transparent. The whole team is intellectually curious and focused on creating a delightful product and customer experience - all while enjoying the excitement, flexibility and mission-driven thrill of being an early-stage startup!
We'll provide you with a Macbook, team swag and a budget towards an optimal work from home setup. We have unlimited holidays and strongly encourage you to take a full week off per quarter to recharge and refresh. We offer private medical insurance, including therapy.
Each Thursday, we do a team Deliveroo lunch where conversations will span literally any topic you can imagine - and some beyond that (thanks primarily to our CTO, Ben).