Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.Role
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
Qualifications And Skills
- Design of launch vehicle production tooling, test fixtures and launch facility ground equipment.
- Provide hands-on engineering support to manufacturing, development and test.
- Managing multiple tasks and work packages in parallel with changeable priorities.
- Aerospace, mechanical or related qualification (HND/Degree).
- Fluency in use of SOLIDWORKS CAD and PDM tools.
- Proactive and strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure to tight timescales across multiple workstreams.
- 3+ years' experience in engineering design within the aerospace or industrial sectors.
- Experience defining requirements for mechanical systems and components.
- Experience with generating technical drawings according to standards.
- Experience with specifying machining, fabrication and assembly techniques appropriate to production support and test equipment.
- Experience in the design of mechanical test equipment and machinery.
- Understanding of fluid systems including hydraulics and handling of cryogenics.
- Familiarity with recognized design standards associated with pressure vessels, fluid systems, lifting and handling.
Orbex is a fast-moving company with a lot going on every single day. We are looking for a very senior colleague who will work hard, deliver reliably and put the team above themselves without any need for supervision.
Typically you will be:-
- A creative, lateral thinker.
- Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy.
- Adventurous and team-oriented.
- Calm under pressure.
In this specific role you will need to be:-
- Comfortable with extreme multi-tasking.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Energetic and proactive.
- Able to work long hours over the next 2-3 years.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex's headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.Security
You must be a European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.
Powered by JazzHR