An exciting opportunity to join our new Enterprise Connectivity Organsiation
pulling together a cross functional team from Product Deveolpment and Mobility to deliver a winning aspiration that is to "Create lifetime value for our customers by delivering sticky connected experiences & solutions that are purposeful and differentiated with simplicity & ingenuity to generate sustainable returns for Ford & equip the enterprise to derive value from connected vehicle data to generate sustainable savings"About EC Platforms:
The European supported Enterprise Connectivity portfolio includes FordPass Pro, FordPass, Fleet Commercial Services, Fleet Telematics Drive app, EV charging, Energy Services, Connectivity and Last Mile Delivery. European product teams are based in Stratford and Koeln.
In Platform Enablement, we support product teams with self-service platforms that simplify and enhance software development lifecycles. We drive cradle-to-grave ownership of products by applying industry best practices for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Observability, DevSecOps, Incident Response, and more. Furthermore, we focus on improving resiliency through metrics-driven improvements and strive to remove toil through automation. Success comes from innovation and team collaboration.
The successful candidate will have both a technical and leadership skillset with full-stack knowledge of all stages of software development. Additionally, the candidate with a passion for improving developer tooling and process in order to improve speed to market, quality and consumer centricity for Enterprise Connectivity teams.
This is a Technical leadership role within Product Enablement in which you will be expected to code, learn new technologies, languages and to mentor and guide other software engineers. Responsible for identifying and delivering automation and self-service technology improvements within a global Product Enablement portfolio.Responsibilities;
You will run Proof of Concept to prove out scalable solutions and then roll them out to the product teams. The successful candidate will deliver word class Developer tooling into Enterprise Connectivity including:
- Partnering with product teams and Dev/Central/Station teams to identify the CICD platforms, tooling and processes for EC products which are Self Service, Scalable and Repeatable
- Product Analytics (Behavioral and Marketing Analytics), Translations management, Feature Flagging
- Releasing and Publishing Pipeline, Automation and Team Feedback
- GitHub Integration
- FOSSA Open Source Management for Enterprise Team
- Code Quality and Security (e.g. Sonarqube, 42crunch)
- A well-developed analytical and problem-solving ability and will be self-starting with a strategic mindset
- Servant leadership
- A passion to develop software engineering skills of self and team, Team coaching experience.
- Highly effective in working with other technical experts, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business stakeholders
- A passion for Agile Software development practices within a Product Driven Organization
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills to build close project team relationships.
- Excellent communicator to stakeholders at different levels, across diverse regional and skill teams- the ability to articulate complex information succinctly and accurately.
- Ability to assess risks and propose appropriate mitigation actions based on professional judgment.
- Strong drive for results with ability to motivate/ inspire diverse teams to deliver complex solutions.
- Strong, results-oriented customer mindset with a strong passion to provide value to the customer
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, with the ability to balance day to day deliverables with focus on strategy, planning and analysis
- Evidence of taking the initiative and organizing peak workload
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for recruitment, selection, coaching and mentoring of Software Engineers across the European Enterprise Connectivity organization
- Full Stack Software Engineering capability with a specialism in DevOps
- The assessment process for this role will include a Paired assessment of the candidates Software Engineering capability
- Proven experience of developing software applications within Ford.
- A preference to work in an XP paired-programming environment
- Experience of Test Driven Development.
- Experience of Enterprise level CI/CD (Concourse or CircleCI or Jenkins).
- Familiarity with GoLang, Ruby / Fastlane, Python, shell scripting and ability to pick up a new technology quickly if needed.
- Experience in Containerization and Container Orchestration using Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker and other Technology.
- Strong knowledge of architecture and security best practices
- Experience with version control systems (such as GitHub).
- Knowledge of Ford's Corporate Technology Processes (e.g. Technology Management Council, Architecture Advisory Council).
- Familiarity with a broad range of languages and technology
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global Mobility solutions including connected vehicle and connected consumer.
- Broad based knowledge of IT infrastructure including Cloud services, Security, IoT, Analytics.
- Excellent large-scale hands-on experience with product support.
- Familiarity with Linux and OSX
Education is important to us; ideally, you'll have a Degree or equivalent in hand, but if that's not the case (and you have experience/ skills that can match to this level of education) we're interested to hear from you
Role posted: 18th February 2021, closing date for applications: 19th March 2021Our valuesPut People First -
We are a company driven by purpose. Whether it's our customers, employees, partners, or communities, we obsess about the wants and needs of people to drive human progress.Do the right thing -
We begin with the belief that trust in our brand, and in each other, comes from acting with integrity and transparency. We foster safe, inclusive work environments that create freedom to be our whole selves and do our best work.Be curious -
We approach the world and each other with a sense of interest and wonder. We are humble enough to know we can learn from every situation, and actively question to understand and think critically.Create tomorrow -
We cultivate meaningful change to optimize today and create tomorrow. We look ahead in our focal length and bring clarity to the future. We solve problems creatively, accept risk, and experiment boldly.Built Ford tough -
We accept challenges and overcome them with confidence, courage, and optimism. We put the world on wheels, embracing disruption to evolve. We are resilient and in it for the long haul.Play to win -
We are accountable. We are in business to create value, and we celebrate when we do. We are focused on our competitive fitness, efficiency and agility. We make quality decisions, and are each empowered to deliver excellence.One Ford -
We rely on, respect, and care for each other. We build networks and partners without boundaries. We welcome everyone's unique contributions, communicate candidly, and work together as ONE team - we are a family.Working at Ford Motor Company
Join the Ford team today to discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader. You'll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products and is always ready to go further.Benefits:
As well as a competitive salary;
- We are keen to encourage applications from job-share applicants, who would like to work with another job-share applicant to do this role (even if you currently do not have a job-share partner)
- The role is based in Stratford; we adopt a flexible approach to working and may be able to accommodate work-from-home or flexible hours (within our operational requirements)
- If you are concerned about travelling to Stratford due to disability (or another reason), please contact us - we're an inclusive team and would like to discuss what adjustments we can make to support your application (Potential for future Global travel when safe to do so).
- We believe your development is important; we will support your professional and personal development, based upon your aspirations
Ford is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of gender, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender reassignment and gender identity, age and those with caring responsibilities .