Orbex is looking for experienced Embedded Software Developers
to develop the On-board systems for our Space Vehicle called Prime.Orbex
Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.Responsibilities
The position includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
Qualifications And Experience
- In collaboration with System Engineering, architects and fellow software developers, develop and document the embedded on-board software.
- Assume responsibility for the development of software for on-board units including Engine Controllers, Flight Controllers or Power Management Units.
- Development of drivers for SPI, UART, actuators, RCS - just to mention some of the tasks.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar education.
- Experience as an Embedded Software Developer.
- Experience at expert level in C programming of embedded software.
- Experience with mission critical software from either the Space, Transport, Medical or similar industry with strong requirements for quality of the software solutions.
- Experience from the space industry, especially with respect to documentation requirements.
- Experience in documentation and communication of software specifications.
The Position Offers
- Assumes responsibility of the tasks and sees them through.
- Very good communication skills in both oral and written form, as well as interpersonal communication.
- Is a team player that sees the collaboration with colleagues as a very important part of creating good results both short and long term.
- Very thorough and focused on writing highly reliable software.
- Able to thrive in an international environment with collaboration across cultures and borders.
- Being part of a rapidly-developing sector of the space industry.
- A unique chance of being part of a software team for a space launch vehicle.
- Having a very central role in the design and development of the on-board software responsible of monitoring and controlling the launch vehicle.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex's headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.Security
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.Benefits
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in the company
- Relocation assistance where appropriate
- Company Cycle to Work scheme
Powered by JazzHR