We are currently recruiting for an Origination Analyst for our Leveraged Finance team, within the International Acquisition Finance Department (IAFD) of Mizuho Bank, based in London.
We have multiple roles ranging from Associate Director to Analyst in the origination team within IAFD -IAFD's remit is origination and execution of leveraged finance transactions, participation (during syndication) in selected leverage finance transactions arranged by other institutions as well as asset management / portfolio management on behalf of the bank's book as well as for our managed account platform "Stratum".
The Origination Team are responsible for the coverage effort of private equity and institutional clients in Europe. The team's mandate is to lead arrange and execute leveraged finance transactions, and pursue an originate to distribute strategy, supplemented by institutional hold capacity for transactions and the ability to tap into net take capacity of the managed accounts run by the department. Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Independently lead internal credit screening and credit application processes (review of IMs, DD, prepare screening committee memos, credit applications, discuss transactions with credit and capital markets departments with aim to achieve required approvals in a timely manner)
- support the legal work stream (review of grids, term sheets and legal documentation)
- supervise/monitor internal & back office processes surrounding transaction execution (internal rating process, KYC, set up of back office systems for transaction bookings, funding processes)
- preparation of presentations/pitch books for client calls and meetings
- support directors in their origination efforts (e.g. help identify transactions to consider for the relevant deal pipeline/identify transaction ideas, follow market developments as well as deal activity of clients covered)
- work closely with the capital markets teams during execution of bookrunner roles (e.g. preparation of syndication materials, support Q&A with investors during syndication processes)
- work closely with and support the (professional) development of the junior team members (provide "training on the job", help establish and maintain best practices in the execution workstream)
We offer equal employment opportunities to all, promote diversity and inclusion and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, including on the grounds of gender, nationality, race, age, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA, i.e. those who require a Tier 2 (General) visa, we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA, in line with UK Government legislation.
- University Degree or equivalent
- the role is for a genuine team player, our team is run on a trust based, transparent culture from top to bottom, with a strong mutual support ethic
- genuine desire to work alongside with and interest in supporting the (professional) development of the junior staff in the team
- strong credit and analytical skills
- self motivated, result driven work ethic, with limited requirement for director supervision
- ability to remain calm and balanced under pressure
- role is for candidates with a background in origination focussed leveraged finance teams of banks (we would also consider candidates from debt funds with strong credit skills, origination focussed mindset and desire to move to a bank)