Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.Role
We are looking for experienced Composite Technicians
Qualifications And Skills
- As a member of the composites production team you will be involved in the end-to-end process of producing advanced composites components and assemblies for the launch vehicle as well as prototype hardware and test articles.
- Materials and tooling preparation, component lamination, cure preparation, curing, de-moulding, trimming, finishing, bond preparation and adhesive and mechanical assembly.
- Provide support as required to in-house and external testing and part processing.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions.
- Proactive and strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- High attention to detail.
- Basic computer literacy.
- 3+ years' ( 7+ for senior roles) experience in a composites production environment working with predominantly pre-impregnated carbon fibre components and assemblies.
- Experience of aerospace, motorsport or premium performance applications.
- Proven ability to operate with minimal management working with process route cards, lamination books and digital process instructions.
- Sound working knowledge of carbon composite production processes from tool preparation, lamination and cure preparation to part finishing.
- Working knowledge of one or more composite assembly joining techniques.
- Experience of working with medium to large scale components (Aircraft, Marine etc.).
- Ability to interrogate CAD data for information.
- Experience with ultralight bonded structures such as UAV and space applications.
- Exposure to automated manufacturing techniques such as ply cutting, winding and AFP.
- Mechanical fitting.
- Component inspection (Geometric, NDI).
Orbex is a fast-moving company with a lot going on every single day. We are looking for a very senior colleague who will work hard, deliver reliably and put the team above themselves without any need for supervision.
Typically you will be:-
- A creative, lateral thinker.
- Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy.
- Adventurous and team-oriented.
- Calm under pressure.
In this specific role you will need to be:-
- Comfortable with extreme multi-tasking.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Energetic and proactive.
- Able to work long hours over the next 2-3 years.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex's headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.Security
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.Benefits
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in the company
- Relocation assistance where appropriate
- Company Cycle to Work scheme
Powered by JazzHR