Our client is a privately owned oil refining and retail business with annual revenues of over US$5bn. The company supplies over 15% of the UKs annual diesel, petrol and jet fuel requirements and continues to invest heavily in upgrading and expanding the UK based operations.
Reporting to the CEO and leading a small team, the key responsibilities of this hands on role include:
- Develop and deliver a strategic vision and direction for governance, internal audit and risk management that meets the requirements of the Audit Committee and other key stakeholders and aligns with the business strategy, standards and legislation.
- Continue to develop, implement and oversee an enterprise risk management framework for the business, to support the development of the internal audit plan.
- Day to day leadership and management of the Assurance and Internal Audit team with a focus on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement whilst maintaining the highest quality assurance standards.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board, Audit Committee and Senior Management.
- Provide advisory support to management as a subject matter expert with respect to internal controls, risk management, ethics and governance.
- Develop the Assurance and Internal Audit team through coaching and mentoring to create career paths for the direct reports.
The preferred candidate for this position will be a qualified accountant with internal audit and risk experience gained as head of function in a FTSE 250 scale organisation or possibly as a No.2 in a large FTSE 100 audit team. The individual will also preferably offer some previous experience gained in Big 4 environment.
Although specific oil sector experience is not a necessity, previous experience gained in a product related, heavy industry sector is a prerequisite. This is a regulated business but the organisational culture remains very entrepreneurial so the preferred candidate should offer some experience of working with a regulator but also enjoy a less formal, small team environment.
The role will require excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly command the confidence and respect of both the senior executive team and the very experienced commercial leadership teams.
There will be a very limited amount of travel required within the role but candidates should be willing to spend c. 3 days a week on average in the office for face-to-face meetings, networking, training and team leadership purposes.
IAC Search Ltd (& Internal Audit Connections Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org