Lead Data Scientist
Europe Wide - Relocation
DATAHEAD has exclusively partnered with a global tech company within the e-commerce fashion brand space - circa 40+ million active users over multiple countries on a daily basis! They have an industry-leading Data Science and Machine Learning team and are now looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join and take ownership of the trust and safety projects (Greenfield project)
We are looking for a talented Data Lead to help develop and support the company's platform. This is a great opportunity to live abroad in beautiful European cities and work in a unique, multicultural environment with many benefits.Why work abroad? (Europe)
In 2018, 62% of UK professionals want to work abroad, some of the reasons being: broadened personal experience, better career opportunities, living in a different culture, better living standard, improved salary, meeting new people, and learning new languages. On top of these, in specific to this role, you will be a crucial part of building our "tech hub" in Europe as well as having access to our global connections.
As the new Lead Data Scientist, you will be leading a team of data scientists as part of a cross-functional product domain team. You'll be splitting your time between managing the team and performing complex analyses and working on building an analytical strategy.
Day to day:
- Leading, building, and coaching a team of circa five data scientists to working find solutions to complex analytical problems and drive the usage of advanced analytics techniques in the company
- Overseeing analytical projects spanning different teams and/or departments
- Provide mentorship and guidance to your team; inspire innovative thinking in the analytic space
- Working closely with senior stakeholders (Directors of Engineering. Product and Design) - driving the analytics roadmap and long-term strategy with quarterly milestones
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Strong ability to understand, translate, and map strategic priorities into analytical projects
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues respectively.
- A proven track record of team mentorship and technical leadership
- Hands-on experience with scripting in Python, R, or Scala
- Creative vision for what Data Science can and should be, as well as the ability to work with internal stakeholders to execute on that vision
- A degree in STEM or any other related field.
Please feel free to reach out for a confidential chat - email: email@example.com