Senior Software EngineerCompany Overview
Our exclusive client, Selectapension Ltd are an online FinTech company that provide Financial Advisers with Pension & Investment Switching software.Job Overview
- develop high quality and robust software. Produce readable, maintainable code that is both manually and automatically tested in all target environments.
· Design and create new code to extend our existing product, to standards agreed by the development team.
· Contribute to software design and supporting documentation.
· Work as a part of a development team, following best practise Agile principles and methodologies agreed by the Development Manager .
· Research and understand development techniques that help to improve the delivery and quality of the existing and new components.
· Research new technologies and contribute to the technical roadmap for product development as requested by the Developer Team Leader.
· Test code both manually and using automated methods (unit, integration, and UI testing) to remove any defects at the earliest opportunity.Experience RequiredEssential
· Extensive knowledge of software development and its technologies
· Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
· Strong experience with C#, C++, ASP.NET, EntityFramework
· Working experience LINQ, SQLServer and Microsoft .Net framework
· Willingness to learn different programming languages and paradigms
· Experience of working with Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM)Desirable
· Working experience of MVC, TableAdapter, JQuery
· Experience of threading and asynchronous programming
· Experience of WebAPI
· Working experience of classic ASP
· Knowledge of Jira
· Experience with Financial (Accounting) systemsQualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.