Synergize Consulting recruit on behalf of a well established managed services provider and their customer an independent company manufacturing and distributing heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
This customer has since expanded to include manufacturing commercial refrigeration and foodservice equipment, and fire and security technologies and are now therefore looking for a Desktop Support Technician
to act as a point of escalation of any technical issues which cannot be resolved by the 1st Line Service Desk Team and provide in-depth diagnosis and technical resolution of application and administrative IT problems through desk side resolution of technical issues.Salary: £25,000 + company benefits Key Responsibilities:
- Undertake work and activities which support the achievement of the IT Team objectives and in accordance to the customer's process and procedures.
- Positively promote the IT Team in order to develop the team profile and that of the wider IT function.
- Participate in internal meetings, as required, in order to share and develop knowledge and best practice.
- Provide end to end' ownership of all incidents and service requests in order to ensure that problems are resolved effectively.
- Be proactive and ensure that regular status updates are provided to open tickets.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with business users to ensure that service delivery meets their expectations.
- Ensure that high standards of service are maintained and improved upon to ensure continuous improvement.
- Investigate and resolve common desktop issues in order to ensure business continuity.
- Thoroughly investigate issues in order to accurately assess what further action is required and whether the issue needs to be escalated to the 3rd Line Team.
- Support others in the team in the achievement of their objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Keen attention to detail.
- Organised and able to prioritise workloads and workflows.
- Approachable and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Self-starter who can help to formulate tactical plans to achieve department strategy.
- Able to motivate and lead a team.
- Experience within the customers related industry,
- Previous experience of working within a multi-vendor environment on complex infrastructure advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience negotiating difficult situations to a successful conclusion.
- Previously worked within a Desk Side environment and understand ITIL best practice.
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft Office/Windows 10/365