New opportunity to join our growing and dynamic Distribution team in Carne Group - the premier provider of Fund-Management solutions to asset managers across the world. What are the minimum requirements you need for the role?
What are your responsibilities?
- 5 years + solid background in the fund industry (UCITS and AIFs) ideally from Management Company/AIFM, Big 4 or Investment Manager
- Distribution experience including passporting, oversight requirements, MiFID and other regulatory matters
- Experience of working with financial promotions, ideally with exposure across multiple jurisdictions would be advantageous.
- Project management, planning and organisation skills
What competencies do you require?
- Oversee the monitoring plan of distribution delegates
- Review and provide input for the initial and ongoing (onsite) due diligence.
- Review risk ratings and identify delegates were additional or less oversight would need to be performed
- Assist in regular review of the process, policies, SLAs and DDQs to ensure Carne is in line with local and European regulations and comfortably inline with market standards
- Assist in the development of CORR to create the most efficient use of the system with regards to Distribution oversight
- Attend Industry working groups and conferences to keep up to date with market expectations on distribution
- Review and approval of all sales and marketing material relating to products offered in the UK, Ireland, and Luxembourg.
- Review and approval of financial promotions for both retail and professional clients in compliance within the current jurisdictional regulatory regime.
- Assistance in the review of distribution agreements, rebate letters, commercial agreements and legal contracts entered into across the EMEA region.
- Actively assist in the implementation and execution of the compliance risk-based monitoring programme - primarily for business functions in London but also in other locations to include branches, subsidiaries and also representative offices. This will entail accompanying other team members when off-site and assistance with the preparation of the resultant reports.
- Contribute to general compliance duties including maintaining the compliance manual, policy and procedures, individual registrations and any required regulatory reporting.
- Maintain up to date awareness of the appropriate regulatory landscape and it potential impact on the appropriate business units.
- Ensure a proper management reporting pack is put in place and the standard in maintained
- Work closely with compliance to ensure all AML matters are address in the distribution network
- Undertake ad hoc projects across network when triggers by any findings or regulation change
- Review and testing of marketing material
- Ensure there is a sufficient level of testing in place based on the marketing plans receive from the clients
- Make sure that Carne has the relevant systems and knowledge to oversee and test their distribution delegates
- Oversee any marketing done by Carne on the clients behalf
- Production of reporting and KPIs for internal Management Committees and external Fund Boards
- Provide training to the Oversight team and workshops for clients requiring assistance
- Act as a subject matter expert for clients and internally
- If required participate in pitches and due diligence reviews on Carne
- Acting as a distribution SME for client pitches and onsite visits
Who is Carne Group?
- You are highly interested in developing practical knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to financial services, both within Luxembourg and other jurisdictions
- Good understanding of and empathy with client needs
- Ability to lead by example and not be afraid to tackle tasks head on
- Have a proactive problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of English
- Team player
- Familiarity with retail financial services products - in particular UCITS and AIFs
Carne is the leading digitally driven industry platform for the Global Asset Management Industry and the largest third-party fund management company in the world. Carne is trusted by the world's leading asset managers, insurance companies, pension funds and wealth managers to manage their governance, compliance, regulatory and substance requirements.
Carne provides governance and substance services and solutions for assets of more than $1 trillion in AUM. Established in 2004, Carne has a diversified list of 550+ clients and employs more than 350 people across 8 countries globally. Its command and control technology platform, CORR (Compliance, Oversight, Risk & Reporting), provides risk and technology driven solutions for investment funds with $2 trillion in AUM.Apply today and join Carne on its mission to lead the way as the premier global provider of outsourced fund management solutions!