IT Service Delivery Analyst
Location SkelmersdaleCompetitive package + half day on Fridays
More than half of the buses that you see on the roads in the UK are made by Alexander Dennis. Globally, there's over 25,000 people every minute, of every day using our products. That's a lot of responsibility we have for keeping the world moving.
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, build and support the widest range of market leading buses and coaches using low, ultra-low and zero emission technologies. We have extensive experience in vehicle supply and support across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, with a near 50 50 revenue split between UK and international markets.
We are excited about the opportunities arising from the global push for lower pollution and better air quality. The UK Government as well as many others around the world have committed to aggressive but achievable decarbonisation agendas and at Alexander Dennis, we are ready to deliver the green buses needed to transition to cleaner transport.
As a global business, we operate numerous business applications and a wide range of hardware which is required to manufacture and support our products. We have a diverse IT environment with users across, office, production and field locations who require timely, high quality IT support to maintain their edge in a competitive market.
As an IT Service Delivery Analyst within the Group IT function, you will play a vital role in provisioning and supporting the day to day operation of our IT services across the globe. As part of the IT Service Delivery team this will involve hands on support of a wide range of IT hardware and software both on site and remotely, so you will need to demonstrate a strong track record in these areas. The team's workload is varied and challenging so you are going to need to be able to 'think on your feet' and prioritise effectively to deliver the best results.Why join
About Your New Role
- You'll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experienced and established team of IT professionals.
- It's a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same, with significant challenges for you to get stuck into.
- We're at the forefront of automotive technology, with extensive experience of producing low, ultra-low and zero emission vehicles, meaning that you will be helping to contribute towards the de-carbonisation of the environment.
- You'll take great pleasure in being able to see the vehicles that you've contributed to through IT systems become finished vehicles on the streets in your local community.
- Alongside improving your IT technical skills, you will also gain exposure to all parts of the business, in turn developing your commercial awareness and future career prospects
- As a business, we have a great track record of recognising talent and as part of the USD $2.9bn NFI Group, you can be assured that there will be plenty of opportunities available to you.
- On top of a competitive base salary, pension and life assurance cover, you will also receive a generous annual leave entitlement that increases with tenure. We also operate a half day on Fridays, giving you that much needed work-life-balance.
- You will be the businesses first pint of contact with IT. As part of the IT Service Delivery team you will be connecting with our users and logging, managing, and resolving their calls via our Service Desk software and your excellent problem-solving skills
- You will need to be comfortable supporting and troubleshooting a wide range of equipment so being hands on with PC's, Laptops and phones is central to this role.
- You will provide first line support to a wide range of software including Office 365 and Windows 10 so a good knowledge of these is important but a willingness to learn about the other systems we use is essential!
- Sometimes we get very busy, so you are going to need to be able to prioritise, escalate and on occasion think outside of the box to get people working again, now and again you may have to work a few extra hours.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with a wide range of people across the whole business
- You will have great communication skills, be comfortable speaking with our customers in person and on the phone whilst translating 'tech' into plain English
- You will be able to gather key information from customers polite and efficient way, taking ownership and pushing tenaciously to progress issues to resolution
- To succeed you will be a strong multitasker, maintaining an eye for detail and a passion for problem solving
- Having some experience of previously working in IT, you will have a genuine interest in IT and a thirst to work with new tools and technologies
- You will be passionate about getting the best possible results, often in tight timescales, this will mean you need to be good at prioritising and organising
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, it would be great if you could include a short covering letter detailing the four or so reason why you are suited to the role.