Midweight Front End Developer
competitive DOE plus company benefits
London E14 with temporary work from home
6month FTC with potential for extension/perm
37.5/hrs per week
Core working hours between 8.00-18.00 Mon-Fri. Various shift patterns are within this core timePlease note this role is NOT available for remote working, it is London based and will require onsite presence post Covid.Williams Lea Tag seeks a Midweight Front End Developer to join our team!
Are you self-motivated with a "can do" attitude? Do you have significant experience in working with a mixed team working across the creative board with a good understanding of converting a design led approach to a technical solution?
How would you like to work for a global business process outsourcing (BPO) organisation with a client base of blue chip FTSE100 and Fortune 500 companies within the Public Sector, Financial Services, Legal, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences and Energy industry sectors?
Sound good so far? Then this is the perfect position for you and you are just the individual that we are looking for! The Job:
The Web Developer will be working as part of the Creative Services Group (CSG) for the Client, a busy in-house design team that responds to numerous briefs daily. The team includes Developers, Designers, Motion Graphics and a Film and Photography team. Innovation is a key aspect of the team, with the client actively encouraging new ideas, software and solutions. Any member of the team must be forward thinking with the ability to change and develop as required. The team are involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from event and campaign material to website designs and digital animation.
The Developer will be working as part of the Creative Services Group for the Client, a busy in-house design team that has numerous briefs coming in daily. The Developer will have capabilities to both support the Web Designers and Developers in the production of digital solutions for the web and mobile devices.
Working collaboratively with the other members of the Digital Media team and the Design Manager, to drive quality and creativity, and to help inspire and innovate the creative service offered to the client.
The role requires a high level of understanding and anticipation of the clients' needs and expectations. The Developer will have a creative focus and be driven to produce high-quality deliverables and solutions within the client brand guidelines.
Core working hours between 8.00-18.00 Mon-Fri. Various shift patterns are within this core time, details of which will be provided. Work outside these core hours may be required but will be agreed in advance.The Fit:Key Responsibilities
· Strong job and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and prioritise accordingly
· Negotiate deadlines and define cost estimates for complex marketing/communication campaigns
· Significant experience in working with a mixed team working across the creative board with a good understanding of converting a design led approach to a technical solution
· Take briefs from clients whilst advising them on the best technical and design solution within the remit of the team
· Supports other developers and the web designers
· Working with the offshore development team, based in India
· Educate and influence clients to choose effective and functional designs and deliverables within their timeframes
· Excellent communications skills:
- Ability to interpret the brief, understand client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate client-focused attitude with good people skills, able to negotiate effectively and present ideas in an easy to understand way
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to liaise at all levels (client, team, manager and IT)
- Follow standards and digital guidelines for branded materials
· Understand and anticipate clients' needs and expectations
· Innovative with the ability to implement problem solving initiatives
· Keen and eager to learn and develop new skills to support the growth of the team
· An active interest in new industry trends, emerging technologies and innovation
· Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent customer relationship management skills
· Calm and mature personality with the ability to work both on own initiative and in a team environment, often under pressure and to strict deadlines
· Professional, confident and enthusiastic team player
· Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload
· Collaborative and proactive approachThe Experience:
· Some experience of CSS methodologies and pre-processors (SASS, BEM, etc)
· Significant experience for developing responsive web sites
· Good knowledge of using API's, RESTful Web Services
· Detailed orientated approach - develop and test across a variety of browsers, platform and devices
· Experience with the Adobe CC suite - Photoshop, Illustrator
· Experience with Version control (GIT, SVN, BitBucket)
· Working knowledge of issue and project tracking software (Jira / Asana)
· Ability to work at a fast pace, effectively manage your workload and great client engagement
· Experience working in a Creative Studio environment
· HTML5 Canvas and SVG animation
· Good understanding of UI/UX Design
· Interest in Data visualisation - use of Interactive Charting plugins/API (Highcharts, etc)
· Unit or Functional testing
· Working in SharePoint architecture
· Be a strategic, creative, problem solver and team player
· Have good communication skills and ability to work closely with others
· Keen interest in new technologies and innovationThe Package:
In return the Midweight Front End Developer will receive a competitive salary and benefits which includes Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance/Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers, Retail Vouchers and Season Ticket Loan are offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis. You will also have the opportunity to work for a global employer; and dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects.
Williams Lea positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.