A newly established challenger bank is seeking an experienced credit risk specialist to join as their Chief Credit Officer / Head of Credit Risk. With the bank due to start lending activities in 2021, there is a unique opportunity to develop credit policies, work with the board on approving an appropriate credit risk appetite, and build a credit risk team. This role will certainly be hands on in nature and require a proactive individual with in depth experience within either unsecured / secured consumer lending or SME Business Lending activities.Key skills:
- Leadership and strategic vision in setting an overall strategy for the evolution of credit risk across lending portfolios
- Deep technical experience in retail credit risk portfolio management and oversight, including detailed knowledge and experience of unsecured lending OR SME lending activities. Experience of other consumer credit asset classes would be an advantage
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to lending
- Knowledge of lending through partnership agreements with third party originators either through forward flow agreements or other broker-led models
- Ability to review and challenge data including data relating to credit risk models used for underwriting, financial forecasting, pillar 2a and stress testing
- Deep analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate complex information in Plain English
Keywords - Chief Credit Officer; Chief Credit Risk Officer.