TrueLayer's PayDirect team is disrupting the payments industry. PayDirect is a product built on open banking and the fastest available bank payment rails, it provides firms with instant payments and withdrawals, a high converting and low fraud payments method while accelerating KYC and AML processes, to deliver the most complete solution on the market.
We already have a working solution for instant and free transfers in the UK and now TrueLayer is looking to pioneer the development of a similar solution in Europe. You would be part of a greenfield project from its early days: product discovery, feasibility, technical design and finally development of a highly scalable high throughput system.
We always aim to empower our engineers and this means using the best tools for the job. Technically this means using the best in class technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes to schedule and run our services, AWS for our infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Redis, Postgres, RabbitMQ and more for our storage and queues.Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we're making finance work smarter for everyone by enabling secure, global access to the financial system. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin and Hong Kong, we've raised $72M to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in fintech, including Revolut, Chip and Zopa.
Our people are what makes us great - at TrueLayer, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in fintech and contribute to projects that have global impact. As we enter hyper-growth and expand our open banking platform across Europe and Asia, we're looking for talented individuals who share our core principles to join us.
Our mission is to grow the open banking economy. We're currently the leading open banking provider in the UK, and we're just getting started...As one of our Engineering Leads, you will:
RequirementsWhat we need from you:
- Lead the team in charge of discover, design, build and maintain a new solution for instant and free payments in Europe, as well as associated services and systems
- Partner up with Product Manager(s) to run product discovery, understand our customers needs and align the team with them
- Be a role model for the rest of the team, fosters a culture of learning and development across the organisation;
- Line manage 3-4 people, coaching and mentoring them to maximise their potential through goal setting and 1:1s
- Own your team hiring pipeline, anticipates and identifies hiring needs, participates in both technical and non-technical interviews
- Understand how your product contributes to the overall company strategy and impact
- Embody and promotes our engineering principles and best practices to ensure excellent quality products and services
- Breathe our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
Nice to haves:
- You have more than 1 year of experience leading, scaling and growing productive engineering teams
- You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, with an emphasis on best practices (e.g. testing, observability) and design philosophies (e.g. DDD)
- Significant past hands-on experience as a Backend Engineer and desire to cover a hands-on position
- Solid knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and Cloud-native patterns and experience working with a micro-service architecture/event-driven architecture
- You have a product mindset and are excited by what we are building: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- Lead by example, and empower your teammates to do their best work
BenefitsWhat you can expect from us:
- Payments and banking experience
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup
- Experience with mission-critical systems
- Interest or previous exposure to the Rust programming language and its ecosystem
Inclusion & Diversity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave
- Private Health Insurance ⚕️
- Wellbeing Days, and membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- Learning & development allowance
At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, ability, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).