Marketing Manager - Ruminant
North of London
An opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join one of the world's leading veterinary pharmaceutical companies and take the lead on all the marketing campaigns and communications for the ruminant function of the UK business. The successful candidate will use a highly strategic approach to Ruminant Marketing in order to develop innovative campaigns to ensure short term sales targets are met and to grow the company within the markets they operate in.
· Implement a proactive approach to ensure true differentiation from competitors and meet/exceed the changing needs of our various customer segments.
· Enhance and extend the portfolio by actively developing and launching new products in conjunction with Global and European team colleagues.
· Create a clear strategy for the Ruminant portfolio to achieve overall achievements of targets, but also developing differentiation from our competitors with regard to campaigns and communication flows in a changing world
· To vary approach depending on the channels being targeted eg. Groups/Corporates, Independent practices and farmers. Experience in routes of communication will be key eg. including development of virtual presentations and Social media interactions
· To actively 'champion' the products/brands within the Ruminant portfolio and exceed sales and product margin expectations
· Monitor price/margins and proactively recommend changes as required
· To actively manage the portfolio (full lifecycle management from launch to rationalisation and supply chain through to end user)
· To take on and launch new products as developed by the company centrally or other local market subsidiaries as validated by the NPD committee
· Ensure accurate forecasts are captured and provided to supply chain and finance-responsible colleagues to ensure forecasts are both timely and accurate for demand planning and reporting
· Design, develop and implement marketing campaigns and materials from across the full marketing mix for implementation in all relevant channels
· To actively support and guide the sales function in the roll out of campaigns that both achieve commercial goals but also truly Add Value for the customer and differentiate the company's offering from the competitors'.
· To actively gather market intelligence and use to base creative campaigns on
· To keep abreast of all relevant information, knowledge and developments relevant to the portfolio of products
· To develop and present when required educational and training materials for both internal use and for external audiences, (customer & client)
· Develop marketing plans and itemised calendarisation of spend for each financial year
· Actively manage the marketing budget for the portfolio and be capable of assessing return on investment and planning/adapting accordingly
· Lead relevant cross-functional teams to ensure both the quality and the quantity of output is of the highest level
· To work actively with colleagues to ensure the successful commercialisation of portfolio products in Ireland.
· Degree-level qualification in Marketing &/or CIM
· A confident and charismatic presenter
· At least 5 years' experience in the Animal Health (pharmaceutical) industry
· At least 5 years marketing experience preferred
· Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word
· Good verbal and written communications skills
· Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
· Experience in market research and analytics
· Demonstrable knowledge of the veterinary market
· Highly organised and able to organise, motivate and influence others
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
· Skills, knowledge and experience that would be desirable but are not essential to do this role.
· New product development experience
· Extensive experience of launching new products
· Marketing measurement and control expertise
· Experience with forecasting and working with supply chain
· Project management experience or training
· Budget control and reporting
If you're interested in the above role then please click apply or get in touch to discuss further.
Consult will endeavour to contact candidates within 14 days of application. However, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks then please assume on this occasion, unfortunately, you have not been successful.