Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech orbital space launch vehicles in the world, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are looking for team members who will fit in immediately and hit the ground running.Role
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer in Composites
Qualifications And Skills
- Developing, validating and implementing composite materials, processing techniques and assembly strategies to enable the manufacture of specialised lightweight structures.
- Provide on-going composites production engineering support for both development and flight hardware.
- Identify, trade, select and commission new production equipment and capabilities.
- Creation and maintenance of concise production working instructions and controls.
- Support production planning, delivery and performance tracking.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in an engineering/manufacturing or other related field.
- Strong and proven organisation skills.
- Proactive and strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Use of SOLIDWORKS CAD for the interrogation of model data.
- Proven experience in a similar role, likely within aerospace, defence or motorsport.
- Sound working knowledge of manual and automated composite production, inspection and assembly techniques.
- Experience in process evaluation and development.
- Demonstrable ability to delivery of development activities on time and budget.
- Familiarity with materials and processes for space applications.
- Knowledge of relevant materials testing approaches
- Experience implementing capital projects in production environment.
- Experience in ERP/PLM systems.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience leading small production or development teams.
Orbex is a fast-moving company with a lot going on every single day. We are looking for a very senior colleague who will work hard, deliver reliably and put the team above themselves without any need for supervision.
Typically you will be:-
- A creative, lateral thinker.
- Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy.
- Adventurous and team-oriented.
- Calm under pressure.
In this specific role you will need to be:-
- Comfortable with extreme multi-tasking.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Energetic and proactive.
- Able to work long hours over the next 2-3 years.
This role is based in Forres at Orbex's headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.Security
You must be a UK or European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.
Powered by JazzHR