Are you passionate about building connections, relationships and reputations?
If so, we want to hear from you.
We're looking for a talented professional to support digital PR and marketing efforts at Forward. In this role you will be responsible for shaping content strategy, developing and writing content and building relationships with the startup community, influencers and the media. Day to day, you'll develop a stream of outstanding communications, initiatives and events, as well as finding opportunities for press coverage, speaking engagements, awards and announcements.
We're looking for a candidate with a proven track record of building and executing PR, communications and marketing plans across a variety of channels. Ideally you'll have experience and a network within the London startup ecosystem and experience gained within a technology company, startup or agency environment.
You'll be working alongside a highly experienced and motivated team and report to Jared, Head of Growth and Marketing. The Growth & Marketing team sits within the Studio at Forward. We exist to help Forward reach as many people as possible, then help our portfolio companies grow through strategic support.
What you'll be doing
- Digital PR & community outreach - cultivating relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders to secure coverage.
- Content management, development and creation for Forward across a range of media and platforms - from blog posts to thought leadership downloads - carefully developed with a key audience and objective in mind.
- Execute campaigns and manage production and promotion - from landing pages to PDFs, videos to social media, conferences to breakfast briefings.
- Run events on and offline, driving attendance and engagement through digital tools.
- Measure, analyse, report and improve use tools including Google Analytics, SEM Rush and Hubspot to track progress, measure results and drive improvements in key metrics.
- Work directly with our portfolio companies to deliver content-led growth plans in conjunction with the Head of Growth & Marketing.
- Good experience in PR and marketing, preferably in an agency or startup environment within a B2C or B2B environment would be prefered.
- You know what great content looks and sounds like, able to adapt your tone and voice to suit an organisation or audience.
- You should be comfortable writing long and short-form copy and producing multimedia content, researched to provide the best value to the audience and for SEO.
- Experience managing components of a marketing budget and owning key aspects of a marketing plan.
- Expertise in social media outreach and promotion.
- A data-driven approach and familiarity with how to build a strategy for content based on research. You'll be familiar with PR platforms, e.g. Cision, Meltwater and SEO practicalities using tools like MoZ and SEMRush.
- Previous working experience in a marketing/PR agency VC or startup environment is strongly preferred.
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant fields.
We encourage those candidates to apply even if they feel they don't tick all the boxes.
Salary - £40,000- £45,000
Full time permanent
Location - Remote until it is safe to return to the office which is Old Street (London)