Senior Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics, London Position Summary
IHS Markit is a global market leader in providing information, analytics and solutions for industries and markets that drive economies worldwide.
The candidate will join a growing team of Data Scientists as a senior member of the Advanced Analytics team at IHS Markit. Working alongside SMEs across Finance, Energy & Transportation businesses the team develops Proof of Concepts (POC) for break-through ideas which then lead to both the enhancements of existing products as well as the creation of new products and solutions. Responsibilities
- Develop models, algorithms and data pipelines that leverage wealth of IHS Markit data to provide actionable insights to clients
- Lead data science product development end to end: from POC to productization
- Actively explore and identify the latest relevant techniques
- Identify opportunities for innovation across the firm
- 7+ years of professional experience in Advanced Analytics / Data Science / Machine Learning
- Hands on project lifecycle experience, from business analysis to productization
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Coding experience (preferably Python) to write robust and high standard code; experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical skills
- Experience of working with large data sets and distributed computing
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations of Machine Learning models
- Experience in one or more of: NLP, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Time Series modelling, Deep Learning
- Experience with visualization and attribution techniques
- Able to translate business problems into problems that can be solved with Data Science
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to report progress and summarize issues to a less technical audience
- Curious and open-minded attitude to new approaches
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.