Cadent Gas, formerly National Grid, are offering a rare opportunity to work for them on a permanent basis and become part of the Cadent family.
You will be working for Cadent Gas, the largest Gas Distribution Network in the UK, as a Lead Gas Engineer in the Emergency Response Team, locally known as a First Call Officer (FCO), therefore must live in the area where you are applying.
You will mainly work on your own and be the first one on the scene at customers' homes, responding to reported gas escapes or carbon monoxide activated alarms. Working on both contracted and emergency jobs, you'll deal directly with customers and the emergency services. Confident and self-sufficient, you'll also carry out scheduled installation, replacement and maintenance of gas meters for both domestic and commercial properties.
You'll monitor gas readings on programmed escapes and perform medium rise, high rise and gas safety regulation surveys. In addition, you'll fit cooker safety valves, attend meter faults, purge and relights and much more.
No two days will be the same as you meet all kinds of people and work in a variety of different locations. You'll experience a great sense of pride, knowing that by attending a CO escape or meter fault you're helping to save lives. Even fitting a cooker locking valve gives you the satisfaction of knowing that a vulnerable person can safely stay in their own home. And, the feeling you get from solving a problem and going above and beyond to help a customer is truly rewarding.
Our client are looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join our team, along with:
• Previous experience working within a gas environment
• A good knowledge and experience of gas appliances; testing, purging and the commissioning of pipework
• Being comfortable with engaging with the public to ensure that our customers are always looked after and kept safe
• The ability to solve technical issues and think on their feet
• A full UK driving licence
The following qualifications are mandatory and it is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct qualifications with the ability to demonstrate ownership of valid certificates:
• CENWAT, CCN1
Holding MET1 and/or CESP1 is highly desirable.
In return the company offer a competitive salary aligned to your training experience and they will fully support you through your training. They also offer:
• 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Generous double matched pension up to 12% employer contribution
• Death in service benefit up to 8 times your annual salary
• Flexible benefits with the options to purchase annual leave, childcare vouchers, technology, insurances and even lease cars
We don't want you to miss this opportunity so if you don't have a CV don't worry... we can help.
If you know friends or family who may be interested then please feel free to pass on my details.
Please note... if the maximum number of applications are received then this advert may close early therefore please apply or get in touch at the earlier opportunity